[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Jun 26 08:35:01 UTC 2021

>> So in the AFRINIC region, network abuse incidents have been reported on this very list as recent as this year and we have had incidents of misappropriation [1] of INR as well.

>> [1] https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2020-August/003678.html <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2020-August/003678.html>

> Your example cites resources that were misappropriated in such a way that they could have had ROAs issued that would have further masked the misappropriation.

> I read "further masked" ... eeeh heh ?

In other words, given the way those resources were misappropriated, they could have still had (apparently) valid ROAs attesting to their origin ASN providing an additional
assurance that this stolen space was in legitimate use.

Hence providing additional disguise…further masking…

Does that clarify for you?