[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Mike Silber silber.mike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 08:29:23 UTC 2021

Hi Jordi

> On 8 Jun 2021, at 09:44, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net> wrote:

> While I understand your point, I think that we need to agree that sometimes, non-operators, also provide points of view that help to improve policies.

I do agree. However we need to accept that those contributions are largely on legal / policy issues.

I am a legal / policy person and the views expressed on this policy regarding the RIR system and the legal and policy issues are without foundation. As I am a legal / policy person I don’t presume to comment on network operations.

> Also, there may be policies where the discussion will not be well balanced if only operators participate, because are not so closely related to operation, and instead to how to distribute resources that belong to the overall community.

Also agreed. However there have been objections from people regarding alleged negative impacts on network operations. In this case I think it is reasonable that the objector either:

identifies the *actual* network they operate; or
acknowledges that their objection is based on a hypothetical network and not actually based in reality (academics have great ideas too); or
admits that they are a paid shill for someone else.

Regards

Mike