[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Jun 6 18:26:45 UTC 2021

Hi Aziz,

I’ve responded already to that and Ashok did as well, please see the video if you missed that.

AS0 is a service provided by the RIR to have an easier way to handle information already available in the whois. It is up to each ISP to use it or not. It is in the scope of the RIRs to provide as many services as the community think that they are useful and specially when they follow standards (RFCs).

This is not about “resource routing process”, in fact I’m not sure that’s has any meaning in this context. It is about an alternative and signed way to provide information already available in whois

It is also wrong that the “only mission is to properly register and allocate number resources to end-users”. You’re misunderstanding the way a RIR works. Allocations are done to LIRs. End-users get assignments.

The mission of the RIRs is depicted in ICP-2 but also in their bylaws, and this has been agreed with the membership when AFRINIC was created, and supported by the community. Also, the community can decide what else the RIR should do. Otherwise, 80% of the CPM will go away. All that is in the scope of providing resources (under the rules defined by the community), keeping the registration, and ensuring accuracy, and AS0 is one more way to “display” the accuracy of the data.

For the sake of not repeating myself and not wasting time from all the participants, unless the chairs ask me to do so with every email that opposers send, I’m not going to respond again to the rest of the questions which have already been responded multiple times.

Chairs, if you prefer that I respond 100 times the same even if asked by 100 different people in 100 different ways, please, let me know, I will be happy to do so.

Alternatively, please, if you feel that I’m missing any point, I hope that you can ping me so I do so before the end of the last call (as it has not been pre-defined).

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet