[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 18:05:26 UTC 2021

If there is a problem to understand how this policy prevents hijacking
then there is a fundamental problem to understand how RPKI and ASN0 ROAs
work.

RIR mission goes beyond just register and allocate number resources,
just read section 3 of Afrinic bylaws. Need to stop saying these type of
simplifications.

In any way AfriNic will no "inject data" that is not due. It already
manages and runs a RPKI TA that any organization can *optionally use* in
order to eliminate the effects of hijacking. This policy only allows
AfriNic to add information about the unused resources *under its
responsability* in order to let others know and use this information as
necessary.

Regards
Fernando