[rpd] unsolicited canvassing

Jaco Kroon jaco at uls.co.za
Wed May 19 11:15:40 UTC 2021

Hi Lucilla, RPD, Members-Discuss

+members-discuss as per a few off-list recommendations (thanks to those
that have indicated support to my email below off list, you know who you
are).  Sorry for people now receiving dupes.

Please keep in mind I'm not a lawyer, so these are MY PERSONAL opinions
and have no legal basis.

It is my opinion that the below constitutes coercion, by yourself,
plainly speaking on behalf of the LARUS Foundation.  At least you're
STRONGLY implying that you're speaking on behalf of and as authorised by
the foundation, in spite of emailing both this reply, as well as the
original from gmail.com email addresses.

The fact that you don't want your behaviour to be made public (and are
offended thereby) implies that you really want this behind closed doors
(in the dark), further implying and supporting unethical behaviour.

I never claimed your emails made me uncomfortable.  I did imply that I
found your behaviour distasteful personally, and publicly requested you
to refrain from such behaviour.

Unfortunately the only way to deal with any kind of "dark" (behind
closed doors, unethical, harassment, coercion) behaviour is to shine a
light on it as darkness cannot stand in the light.  I will never refrain
from shining the light on such behaviour, so if you take any action that
you feel you would be offended by if it were to be made public, perhaps
you would allow me to be so bold as to suggest that you need to think
twice about engaging in such behaviour.

The LARUS foundation based on https://www.larus.foundation/ is based out
of Hong Kong.  Could you please clarify if the LARUS Foundation is even
a *paid up* member of AFRINIC?

Could you please clarify what interest the LARUS Foundation has in the
AFRINIC organisation, and region?

Could you please disclose any links/affiliations between Mr Wollnerand
the LARUS Foundation, as well as why the LARUS Foundation believes Mr
Wollner is the correct and most suitable candidate?

Further, you state in your original email "work for" - does this mean
you get paid a salary from the LARUS Foundation, or are you using
exaggeration of the unconfirmed fact that you are an "intern" or a
"fellow" of the organisation (in other words sponsored by the Foundation
to be enabled to attend and participate in meetings in your *own
personal capacity*).

Eagerly awaiting clarifications as per above.

Kind Regards,
Jaco