[rpd] unsolicited canvassing

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Wed May 19 10:36:35 UTC 2021

This is really bad.

So now the RPD, community or members lists are being used again to collect emails and spam them?

Is not just against the CoC, and in many countries against laws (for example GDPR and related ones like the Mauritius one), but also against the spirit of the community.

This is simple, even if there is no law, it is unethical to email anyone that you don’t know in person and has agreed to get emails from you, for any matter, and even less to push for voting someone. If I get such email, be sure that I will ask the Data Protection Agency to impose the maximum fine (up to 20 million euros), as any EU citizen or resident, is protected against that rubbish.

Should the candidates involved on this be disqualified as well?

Note that I don’t recall if I know personally Paul and I don’t know if he is aware of this spam, clearly he should disclose if he supported this and any possible relation with the sender organization.

Regards,

Jordi

@jordipalet