[rpd] APPEAL AGAINST THE CONFIRMATION OF CONSENSUS DECLARED BY THE POLICY LIAISON TEAM AND THE BOARD ON THE SELECTION OF PDWG CO-CHAIRS

sisoko daze sisokodaze at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 20:29:01 UTC 2021

Yup,

I agree. Just let the Appeal Committee do its part and let it have the
final say. No need to even quarrel about it.

But i think both sides need to tone down their taunts though(very
meaningless, the way i see it), or better yet, just stop the taunts
entirely.

Reek out.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 1:11 AM Tom Ochang <dontommy24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

>> concluded.

>> This was made clear and stated severally during the last appeal.

>> I might be wrong in my opinions. But that is what “I think”

>> Sisoko, can you kindly pass the popcorn.

>> Kind regards

>> Taiwo

>> On Apr 24, 2021, at 13:50, Murungi Daniel via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net>

>> wrote:

>> Dear Emem,

>> Your arrogant and egotistical replies are proof of how childish and daft

>> you really are. Worse, you even lack the wisdom to realize that you are

>> displaying it full-on in public.

>> News flash - there are people who will always be clever than you, know

>> more than you and be better than you in many aspects. Sadly you don’t seem

>> to have learned this life lesson. My advice to you would be to learn from

>> them.

>> Regarding your appeal, it is a waste of everybody’s time but since it has

>> been lodged, am hopeful the appeal committee will see through the frivolous

>> attempts by you and those with like feathers to sow chaos and subvert the

>> proper working of the PDP.

>> Check your self man - you seem to have the potential to be a solid

>> contributor to this community. Do not let your pride, self importance and

>> misguided attacks get in the way of that.

>> Regards,

>> Murungi Daniel

>> On Apr 24, 2021, at 12:22 PM, Emem William <dwizard65 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Dear Jaco,

>> I will advise that you and your misguided cohorts refrain from

>> unnecessary rantings that is capable of heating up the mailing list.

>> I submitted a request to the appeal committee; every rational fellow

>> should be able to wait patiently for the committee's decision without

>> trying to further complicate the issues on ground.

>> One important thing that I sincerely want you to know is: *I have never

>> made the mistake of arguing with persons for who's opinions I have no

>> regards.*

>> Have a nice weekend!

>> Cheers,

>> Emem William.

>> On Sat, Apr 24, 2021, 08:34 Jaco Kroon <jaco at uls.co.za> wrote:

>>> Hi Emem,

>>> Please keep your derogatory for yourself. Your other email was in my

>>> opinion also extremely out of line.

>>> I suggest you read the code of conduct and keep to that.

>>> My father has a saying he uses frequently, "the more things change, the

>>> more they stay the same", combined with an Afrikaans saying (I'm sure there

>>> are other variants in other languages) about "met grysheid kom wysheid" or

>>> directly translated "with grey (hair) comes wisdom" which is to say "with

>>> age comes wisdom".

>>> I agree the world is modern, and we need to adapt. But trust me, I

>>> consider myself a young person (mid 30s), tried and tested is good. The

>>> saying "nuwe besems vee skoon" or "new brooms sweep clean" certainly holds

>>> water (value), but the broom had to be invented first. Do not forget the

>>> journey that was taken to get where we are. Discount that and you're

>>> throwing the baby (good, new) out with the bath water (dirty, no longer

>>> usable).

>>> Please refer to my previous email, and if you can't deduce from that why

>>> consensus is the technically more correct and better approach compared to

>>> democracy _in_our_environment_, please re-read it a few more times, then

>>> sleep on it. I'm not so sure democracy is the father of

>>> multistakeholderism as you say, but I get why you're saying it - it's what

>>> we're all being indoctrinated with from a young age, and up to a point

>>> (meaning until you really sit and think about it, hard) it makes sense. I

>>> don't need you to agree with me, but I would ask that you try to understand

>>> and show some respect to your peers that came before you. I'm also very

>>> new (5 years) in this community, and I can tell you this: Those that have

>>> come before us certainly have some large shoes and broad shoulders. Show

>>> them the respect they deserve, please. They've been around the block a few

>>> times and better than any of us understand the pitfalls, and they have the

>>> experience to be able to provide guidance and vision. To build. To

>>> strengthen. So keep to your ideals, but learn from them.

>>> Now, instead of discussing philosophical politics and differences (not

>>> to say it's not important to understand these), can we please get back to

>>> discussing policy making? We are after all supposed to be the *Policy*

>>> *D*evelopment *W*orking *G*roup.

>>> Kind Regards,

>>> Jaco

>>> On 2021/04/23 21:08, Emem William wrote:

>>> Dear Eddy,

>>> I would also like to suggest that you organise a webiner for some old

>>> folks on how to handle things in a multistakeholder environment. I see the

>>> need to enlighten them on the fact that a 'market' has many entrance. More

>>> importantly you need to educate them that there are new and better ways of

>>> doing things.

>>> They should not continue to live in thier old shadows because we are in

>>> a modern world where all animals are now becoming equal. They need not

>>> exhibit thier ignorance and think they can continue to dominate the others

>>> and label them 'new'.

>>> More importantly, you need to teach them that in a land where there are

>>> rules, the rules has to be followed; not an attempt circumvent the rules,

>>> by old folks to cheat the younger ones all in the name of "*being old*".

>>> It's not by age anymore. Probably Mark should suggest '*All animals

>>> are equal, Face or No face'.*

>>> This, I believe will restore the long lost sanity in AFRINIC.

>>> Cheers,