[rpd] APPEAL AGAINST THE CONFIRMATION OF CONSENSUS DECLARED BY THE POLICY LIAISON TEAM AND THE BOARD ON THE SELECTION OF PDWG CO-CHAIRS

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 19:16:16 UTC 2021

Hello

I think the Appeal is well written, however the appeal is directed
against the Policy Liaison Team and the Board the CPM Section 3.5 only
predicts appeals against the Co-Chais decisions. From CPM: "/A person
who disagrees with the *actions taken by the Chair(s)* shall discuss the
matter with the PDWG Chair(s) or with the PDWG/"
I also don't see that the consensus was taken neither by the Policy
Liaison Team or the Board of Directors, but by the PDWG itself in the
lack of both Co-Chairs.

Therefore I believe this Appeal is not applicable.
Fernando

On 21/04/2021 02:17, Emem William wrote:

> [...]

> the RPD mailing list, on April 9^th and April 11^th .

> (https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013018.html

> <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013018.html>)

> (https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013052.html

> <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013052.html>)**

> I consider that the actions of the Board of Directors to self-declare

> consensus over the PDWG matter in selecting the new co-chairs is done

> outside of their scope of power and prerogatives.

> *Date of the appeal :*April 19^th , 2021

> *Date of the decision made by the Policy Liaison Team*

> (1) 3^rd April 2021

> (2) 9^th April 2021

> *Date of the decision made by the Board of Directors*

> 11^th April 2021

> *f) Reference to an announcement of decision which is being appealed*

> (1) 26^th March 2021, Eligibility criteria imposed by Policy Liaison Team

> (https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/012768.html

> <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/012768.html>)

> (2) 9^th April 2021, Policy Liaison Team announced consensus is achieved

> (https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013018.html

> <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013018.html>)

> (3) 11^th April 2021, Board Chair declared consensus

> (https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013052.html

> <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013052.html>)

> *Name and email address of complainant.*

> Emem William

> dwizard65 at gmail.com <mailto:dwizard65 at gmail.com>

> **

> *Names of complainants.*

> 1.Olamide Andu (olamideandu at gmail.com <mailto:olamideandu at gmail.com>)

> 2.Yusuf Abdurahman Adebisi (adebc007 at gmail.com

> <mailto:adebc007 at gmail.com>)

> 3.Emem Ekpo William (dwizard65 at gmail.com <mailto:dwizard65 at gmail.com>)

> 4.Sunday Ayuba (sundayayuba8 at gmail.com <mailto:sundayayuba8 at gmail.com>)

> The following appeal addresses the “fake consensus on the selection of

> the co-chairs” declaration, which according to the CPM, cannot be done

> by anyone else besides the chair. Yes In this situation we agreed that

> AFRINIC team should serve as secretariat but this team went ahead to

> selectively implement decisions even when there was no consensus.

>   The board’s interference with the matter signifies that the bottom

> up process no longer exists. Therefore, this appeal should serve the

> Appeal Committee in taking into account a very important point, which

> is the fact that the board has no right in declaring consensus.

> Based on the Board’s action ofdeclaring consensus on the selection of

> the co-chairs, which is done outside of their prerogatives, it is safe

> to conclude that the declaration of consensus is illegal as it is not

> within the prescribed power and prerogatives of the Board of

> Directors. The Board of Directors should have referred to and comply

> with the stipulated terms of the AFRINIC’s constitution and the

CPM