[rpd] PDWG Co-Chairs Selection pursuant to Section 3.3 of CPM - Status @ 9 April 2021

Steffie Padasay steffiegsay at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 15:18:52 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask why are we rushing into choosing Darwin and Vincent?
Totally have nothing against them but it seems so unprofessional that we
just left other legitimate candidates in the air (Ibeanusi for example) and
rushed to choose them. Furthermore, why should the elected candidates serve
1-2 years? We’re pushing for ad hoc elections because of the current
co-chairs’ disqualification so the smartest move would be to elect new ones
in the next meeting. Seems fishy, that’s all.

p.s.: Disqualifying Anthony is also questionable because the grounds for
disqualification does not even exist in the CPM but only on a deadline (one
which could be probably extended or given enough leeway for others) and
does not discourage participation from anybody in every walk of life. IMO,
Anthony should also be still in the running.

Cheers,
Steffie