[rpd] Call for interest for PDWG chairs closed & Way forward

Saul Stein saul at enetworks.co.za
Fri Apr 9 06:24:03 UTC 2021

Makes perfect sense. I agree

From: Mark Elkins <mje at posix.co.za>
Sent: Thursday, 08 April 2021 19:56
To: policy-liaison at afrinic.net; rpd at afrinic.net
Subject: Re: [rpd] Call for interest for PDWG chairs closed & Way forward

I really, really like this idea - especially the consensus part... and also
as it seems we only have two truly suitable candidates.

1. We select the two candidates as above, in my opinion with Vincent in the
two-year tenure and Darwin in the one year tenure. By consensus if
possible.

I have individually asked both Vincent and Darwin whether they would be
agreeable to this and they both stated Yes as per above.

2. Given that the next meeting is two months from now, I would like
to propose that we measure these
tenures as from "this year" such that the effective tenures will be
one and two years respectively from now,...

I also agree with this - I don't want a repeat of all this in two months
time.

I don't expect full consensus - I honestly expect between 4 and 10 people to
say No, and to repeat that several times. I would though love to see masses
of support for this. This will save quite a bit of time (and money).. and
allow us all to proceed fairly quickly with new Co-Chairs - and back to a
level of sanity!

Please can we sort this out by Reasonable Consensus!