[rpd] Call for interest for PDWG chairs closed & Way forward

Paul Wollner paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net
Thu Apr 8 06:46:46 UTC 2021

Dear community,

Due to the recent issue raised on the nomination of Wijdane Goubi and Anthony Ubah and the slight confusion regarding their nominators, I would like to clarify the whole situation to enlighten the community of the circumstances that have led to it and to avoid any misjudgments and further untrue accusations. I have been approached by these two young fellow Africans. I feel that they are passionate and energetic and I have personally reached out to potential nominators to get their consent on nominating Wijdane Goubi and Anthony Ubah, since these two young individuals have shown an interest in running for the co-chair position and have asked for my help to acquaint them to Afrinic Resource members that will be willing to take care of the nomination part.

I misunderstood their willingness. I owe to all the individuals implicated in this huge misunderstanding, along with the community, an apology for this unintentional confusion.

Therefore, I will now be nominating Wijdane and Anthony myself so as to exclude the previous nominators from this scenario and not ruin both of the nominees opportunity and experience to participate in a fair and inclusive elections process.

Regards

---- On Tue, 06 Apr 2021 16:59:10 +0200 Saul Stein <saul at enetworks.co.za> wrote ----

Dear All,

Firstly none of those nominations have seconders… that section was blank for 2 out of the 5.

AFRINIC haven’t confirmed that the nominators are valid, in my view that should have been done before the email below should have been sent.

It has been confirmed below that there was one fraudulent entry. I have now confirmed a second one and I suspect a third.

Please can these verifications be done and the community updated.

If the nominees have indeed wanted to run with fake nominators, I’d suggest that they banned from participation as clearly the interests of the community are not the driving force.

And we wonder why we can’t get anywhere when people putting up their hand to lead are doing so unjustly.

Volunteering is about putting the needs to others in front of your own agenda.

Thanks
Saul