[rpd] Secretariat PDWG

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Feb 26 19:40:11 UTC 2021

On Fri, 26 Feb 2021, 19:26 Fernando Frediani, <fhfrediani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Madhvi

> 2 - We MUST find a way to be able to have one person - one vote. This is

> fundamental to avoid the PDGW be taken over by certain specific interests

> that would have the means to have fake people to vote twice or more, so we

> have to have how to guarantee that not only one person - one vote, but that

> those who truly participate can vote, not just anyone that was able to

> subscribe to the list recently.

Back in the days, the working group was more interested in policy
development work but in recent times because a sections of the WG is more
obsessed with elections and voting online for what used to be a sincere
voluntary role......

Afrinic secretariat/nomcom has an uphill task of ensuring that the WG
whatever route it takes, produces experienced volunteers who will
objectively manage the WG affairs above any interests or motives.

Noah