[rpd] Secretariat PDWG

Mirriam mirriamlauren at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 26 19:29:56 UTC 2021

Hi Mike,
The issue of fake accounts we refer to as sock puppets is a major concern and we can be sure how many socks have subscribed today.

Our dear Afrinic should request and ensure each electorate voter national ID is verified since in Kampala we used name tags which won't be feasible for remote consensus or online voting.
Integrity is key in selection of leaders to avoid ballot stuffing.
Mirriam
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 1:44 PM, Mike Silber<silber.mike at gmail.com> wrote: Hi Mirriam
It is getting loud in the echo chamber …. Thank you for trying to make your voice heard!
Those who complain that consensus is impossible are now claiming that we have reached consensus on an election.
Personally I don’t think there is much value to this debate any further. There are some who will refuse to allow this WG to move to consensus (as is their right). I just wonder if that is because they believe they have enough sock puppets on the mailing list to win an election?
We just need to make sure that we have quality candidates and a fair election without “ballot stuffing” by sock-puppets.
Regards
Mike