[rpd] way forward on the PDWG after the Recall of the co-chairs

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 11:53:10 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

Le samedi 20 février 2021, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> a écrit :

> > On Feb 19, 2021, at 3:59 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <

> jordi.palet at consulintel.es> wrote:

> > Hi Owen,

> >> [...]

> > "NOT objected to any choice" — Several choices have been mentioned on

> the list which violate the PDP.

> > [Jordi] I think if we take it literal 100%, all the choices may violate

> the PDP, even the one that we are discussing today. The discussion was set

> in the context of extreme situation, like when the AGM was unable to call

> for a meeting because lack of Board quorum.

> An on-line election does not violate the PDP.

As per CPM section 3.3, any choice of *selection* is allowed.

That's why these four (04) choices [1][2] has been proposed
prior to *selecting* a replacement for PDWG's Chairs.

See the first [1] version:

~°~
•1| a selection based on an election (online) as usual;
•2| a selection through rough consensus;
•3| a selection based on ranking voting;
•4| a selection inside a group of selectees based on criteria;
•5| any other possibility?
~°~

...an adjusted version [2]:

• [A] a selection through rough consensus [...] After prospects do
volunteer;
• [B] a selection based on ranking voting [...] if more than 2 volunteers,
then discussions;
• [C] a selection based on an election (online) as usual [...] if more
than 2 candidates and discussions stalemate;
• [D] a selection inside a group of selectees based on criteria ([...]);
• [E] any other possibility?

...i don't understand why Jordi is insisting more :-/
__
[1]: <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/012490.html>
[2]: <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/012504.html>

Shalom,
--sb.

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<www.cmnog.cm/dokuwiki>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)