[rpd] Report from Recall Committee

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 05:37:03 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

Hope you are safe and well.

Le sam. 6 févr. 2021 19:20, Alan Barrett <apb.goo at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Dear AFRINIC Policy Development Working Group,

Dear Alan & PDWG's RC,
Many thanks for your well done and serious work.

> On 16 November 2020, a request was submitted to the AFRINIC Board in

> terms of article 3.5.3 of the Consolidated Policy Manual, calling for

> a recall of the PDWG Chairs.

...this is good as it comes from the CPM.

> On 11 December 2020, the Board announced

> the appointment of a Recall Committee to investigate the circumstances

> and to determine the outcome of the recall request.

...exactly the mission of this PDWG's RC.

> The Recall Committee has made its decision and completed its report.

As i can read from your document titled "Recall Committee Final
Determination - 20210204.pdf" [1], the outcome was the recall of both
PDWG's Chairs:

~°~
Findings/Outcome of the Recall Committee
19. The Committee therefore determines that a recall of both the co-Chairs
is justifiable in the circumstances, and that both the co-Chairs be
recalled with immediate effect.
20. The Committee notes that article 3.3 of the CPM states that “If the
Working Group Chair is unable to serve his or her full term, the Working
Group may select a replacement to serve the remainder of the term.” The
Committee suggests that the Board coordinate with the PDWG to find an
adequate transition mechanism until the next election.
Dated: 4 February 2021
~°~

> I attach the report and annexures to this message.

...i have a few comments:

•~/
• ...
• Very meticulous work done by the PDWG RC.
• The PDWG RC Working Procedure [2] is a useful document produced, at that
occasion, even if it has been done out of the PDP consensus-based process
and the PDWG's core principles;
• The fact that the PDWG RC Working Procedure is not part of the CPM is a
bad thing; therefore
• i suggest that the members of the PDWG's RC volunteer in adjusting it to
be submitted as a new DPP when the new PDWG's Chairs will take function;
{same advice to the members of other PDWG Committees about their Guidelines}
• Maybe the (interim) PDWG's Chairs will want to use their right to varying
the process (CPM section 3.6), so that the then DPP becomes kickly a Policy.
• ...
•~\

__
[1]: <