[rpd] Criteria for Eligibility or Selection of PDWG Co-Chairs

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:50:46 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

Le ven. 19 févr. 2021 12:24, Wijdane Goubi <wijdan.goubi at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Dear community,

> Admittedly, one of the most critical ways that us as individuals can

> influence the decision-making within the community is through voting, which

> is a right and a formal expression of preference for a candidate for a

> proposed resolution of an issue.

Hi Wijdane,
Thanks for participating, Sister.

...as you prefer *election* as the *selection* model to be used; the PDWG
should then agree on at least few *criteria* to ensure that we end up with
(i) a reasonable *limited* number of (ii) *sufficiently* capable
candidates.

Are you agreeing to these needs?

Hence, making a set of criteria for a WG participant to become a co-chair is

> going to put obstacles and barriers in front of both voters and candidates.

> Therefore, I absolutely don’t go along with the view of putting

> restrictions on candidates no matter what hardships we went through during

> the time of the previous co-chairs otherwise it might lead us to

> misjudgments and discrimination.

...i'm sure we can also try to go ahead without
any *criteria* but i can't personally encourage
the PDWG to follow that path.

Of course, that is one way of looking at it; however we are talking about a

> voluntary position which simply should be for people who have a good

> knowledge of CPM and PDP alongside with a sense of commitment, devotion,

> and responsibility towards the community.

Sister, many thanks for your own proposition
of acceptable criteria.

...i'm sure that Noah is following-up ;-)

Shalom,
--sb.

Regards,