[rpd] Selecting WG Co-Chairs: Was Re: Can a Consensual Decision of the PDWG Violate the PDP? (was: Report from Recall Committee)

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Feb 19 09:24:09 UTC 2021

Hi Mark,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 12:05 PM Mark Elkins <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:

> Ask the NomCom to ask for volunteers. Just use the templates from 2020.

> Have an initial cut-off after seven days.

The template could do with some new fresh ideas reference to criteria
....imho

> We also need to have a system on deciding who is in for a short term and

> who is in for a longer term. Voting may be the simplest method (as this

> will all be done remotely).

Since the PDWG and its participants operate by participation, we should
also give a chance to rough consensus/consensus after all voting itself is
not defined in the CPM though it has been a practice in recent years.

Btw, the rpd list has subscribers who passive and are not
necessarily participating in PDWG discussions. What do we think of this?

Noah