[rpd] Can a Consensual Decision of the PDWG Violate the PDP? (was: Report from Recall Committee)

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:04:45 UTC 2021

{start a new thread from [1]}

Dear PDWG,

Hope you are safe and well!

<tl;dr>
This PDWG has violated its own PDP by reaching a consensus non
PDP-compliant. In fact, the actualités CPM (version 1.6) contains no
provision which could allow the PDWG to varying the process without at
least one PDWG's Chair in place.
<tl;dr>

...i first want to thank Jordi, for have right•ful•ly
decided to coordinate PDWG actions during
this post-recall PDWG's Chairs transition period.
He did well (because the PDP [2] implicitely
allows it, by leaving the howto question {see CPM
section 3.3 [3]} to the implementors), but, IMHO, Jordi
also failed to stick to only what was allowed
by the PDP [3]. This is were what Fernando
have tried to explain below is really relevant...i
can also refer to more than two emails where
Sunday is trying to enlightening that lack of PDP compliance.

Some observations or facts to consider:

~°~
•1| First, the final action made [4] on tuesday by Jordi,
on behalf of the PDWG is a good proof that if
appropriately conducted, the consensus-driven
mecanism can work very well in this AfriNIC's
PDWG.
•2| The PDP is *sufficiently* clear about the emergency
procedure to use when it comes to replacing
the PDWG's Chair(s) before the end of mandate(s).
•3| The PDP is also clear (see CPM section 3.6 [5])
about who from the PDWG can varying the process
(PDP) and in which kind of circonstances.
•4| This post-recall PDWG's Chairs time makes
an interesting precedent to study and without
at least one of its Chairs, the PDWG is leaved
with no mean to varying the process by itself...
•5| ...within the CPM (version 1.6) [6] even a
consensus reached by the PDWG during this
emergency time *MUST* be bond to the few
tasks allowed by the PDP (select the new PDWG's
Chairs; then continue to follow the PDP)...we
failed on it; then we are in violation to the actual PDP.
•6| Yes! by the PDP, this PDWG is allowed to do
only very few things without its Chairs. Doing
more than those things is a clear violation
of the PDP.
•7| AfriNIC's BoD has its prerogatives and we are
sure it shall act accordingly if we, PDWG, fail
to enforce our PDP. Therefore there is no need
to violate our own PDP to do something which
will be surely do soon by the BoD. That's doing
something of non incidence...
•8| With the new PDWG's Chairs in action, of course,
the fact that the PDWG can not actually varying
the process by itself (raise a problem) could
be consider and therefore handled by proposing
a DPP (Draft Policy Proposal) to change at least
it for example...
•9| Jordi has proved a good ability to conduct
the PDWG, he is therefore a proven-good candidate
as a replacement PDWG's Chair, for us, IMHO.
10| Let's back to the PDP to do the only task
we PDWG are allowed to do without our Chairs.
Sunday, please can you handle the process
to help the PDWG to enforce its PDP?
~°~

...i want to call the PDWG once more [7], to firmly
defend its PDP; because that is the most important
thing to do, IMHO, during these difficult times.

If you see things differently, i look forward
to reading you too! ;-)

Thanks & Blessed thursday!
__
[1]: <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/thread.html#12428>