[rpd] Resignation of Policy Development Appeal Committee member

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Feb 18 04:30:38 UTC 2021

I absolutely agree that we should make sure appropriate protections are in the code of conduct.

OTOH, while I am confident that Wafa will provide the appropriate documentation and more specific
allegations to the board along with any required evidence for them to take appropriate action, I
would caution against developing a vigilante mentality in defense of Wafa.

We don’t (and shouldn’t) have all the facts and we are not in a position to lead the investigation.
The idea of “swift justice” often results in greater injustice than careful and deliberate
investigation.

Owen