[rpd] Report from Recall Committee

Gregoire EHOUMI gregoire.ehoumi at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 17 00:50:24 UTC 2021

> On Feb 15, 2021, at 11:52 AM, Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks

> There is no provision in the current CPM for the Board to choose the Co-Chairs even in such exceptional situation like this. In my view this is unfortunately the PDP hasn't been adjusted yet for this possibility but the reality is that it does not exist anywhere in the CPM.

Let me repeat what other have said:

The PDP does not prescribe any selection mechanism and all we have done in the past was by the WG decision and acceptance.

So the WG may also decide to defer to Board to address the special situation we are in.

> Let's stick to what we have. If we managed to get experienced people to act as temporary-transition Co-Chairs we may be able to improve this part of PDP as well.

If the WG could agree on the option which you seem to support above, we won’t need to defer to any other entity.

But If we continue to waste time and show our inability to self-organize, there are provisions which allows Board to fix the lack of consensus.

Gregoire