[rpd] Missing ratification request documents

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Feb 16 13:43:51 UTC 2021

> On Feb 16, 2021, at 05:22 , Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> Owen,

> 1st: How would the cochairs send a WG discussions report and ratification request to board without Cc’ing the rpd list?

> This constitutes a clear violation of the transparency principle and long standing practices of the WG...( report to board always made public)

I’ve been on this list for a long time… I don’t recall any of the co-chair requests to the board for ratification being sent to this list, yet you say this has always happened?

Is my memory so faulty?

> 2nd: how come board would not have received a mail sent by cochairs?

I don’t know why they didn’t receive it. If you feel this is a relevant question, then by all means, please pursue whatever investigation you feel is necessary with the appropriate authorities.

> And you are now asking former cochairs to resend the report and copied the list?

Yes, I do. What other action would be appropriate under such circumstance?

> Did you forget the saga of the said inter-transfer policy, the staff analysis on the board prerogatives?

No, but I also do not forget the public discussion and the determination of the co-chairs. I have not made any attempt to influence what the board will do with the correspondence once they receive it, merely asked that it be resent to them and to the community so that it can be verified to have been received and then dealt with appropriately.

> Forgot the legal advice on the matter?

> https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/012121.html <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/012121.html>

No, I have not forgotten that, either. Again, I have not called for the board to take any specific action with respect to either policy, but I do not see any reason that should preclude a resending of the correspondence.

> May this convince those who are still hesitant to see some of your bad motives and connivance as you never supported that the “vaporware” to become a vibrant RIR for a continent of great people.

This borders on ad hominem, sir and is not an accurate or valid representation of my statements or my feelings towards AFRINIC and the AFRINIC community.

Anyone who sees bad motives behind what I have done here is mistaken in their perceptions.