[rpd] PDWG situation without co-chairs

Sylvain BAYA abscoco at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 11:01:25 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,
Hope Y'all are safe and well!
...during these difficult times :'-(

Le samedi 13 février 2021, Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Correct Owen, I understood the discussion was about that.

Hi Fernando,
Thanks for your email, brother.

...so! what is the AfriNIC's PDP's [1] rule (policy) which allow
us to prevent someone to participate to the emergency election
described here [2]? such as actual Recalled PDWG's Chairs
or those who have even actively participated to the the current
DPPs discussions.

> Sure, there is no apparent problem with people involved in a policy

> discussion to run. If that person gets elected and is an author of a

> proposal then of course if expected he will not take a decision about the

> consensus for this own proposal.

...maybe, maybe not, but what is clear is that: as we know how
the process works, normally *consensus* is not the ownership
of the PDWG's Chairs...someones tried and they were recalled.
So:
...problem solvable again; then?

More than ever, we (PDWG) have the opportunity to show that
we know exactly were our common interests are.
A precedent have been made...let's turn it as a beneficial thing
by exploiting, right now, the lessons learned...

...the AfriNIC's PD-Community should gain enough if we as
the PDWG stand firmly for the PDP [1] enforcement; during
these sad days :'-(
Of course we should also prepare some DPPs to propose
our desired changes to the actual CPM (version 1.6) ;-)
__
[1]: PDP ‹https://afrinic.net/policy/manual#PDP›
[2]: CPM section 3.5.3
https://afrinic.net/policy/manual#Conflict-Resolutions›