Search RPD Archives
[rpd] WE NEED YOUR INPUT, MAXIMUM BY TUESDAY 16TH NOON: Decision of way forward for new (transition or elected) co-chairs
wijdan.goubi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 19:08:29 UTC 2021
I would like to start by thanking you for pointing out some serious matters.
Especially the first and the second points which I would like to emphasize
the importance of both of them for several reasons.
Firstly, this is the smoothest way we can handle the process especially in
these exceptional challenging circumstances.
Secondly, halting the PDP decisions in a matter of weeks would do us no
harm but rather benefit us to proceed with the proposals in a steady way
without any distractions.
Thirdly and finally, we do not want another endless unnecessary conversion
or any sorts of back and forth regarding the co-chairs future decisions.
Thus, I believe we better slow down and take no rushed steps in order to
make good decisions on which amendments are to be made to proposals for
them to reach consensus and frankly speaking that is the only way to reduce
the community burnout.
Le jeu. 11 févr. 2021 à 09:49, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net>
a écrit :
> Hi all,
> Following the previous email, we have 4 choices for selecting the new
> 1. Halt everything regarding PDP decisions, until the board can organize
> on-line elections in a few weeks (with the previous electoral census).
> 2. Halt everything regarding PDP decisions, until the board can organize
> an in-person meeting and then we can have on-site elections (we don't know
> when we will have a new in-person meeting).
> 3. Ask the board to choose 2 transition co-chairs, so we can have
> elections in the future (option 2 above).
> 4. Nominate ourselves a few names for transition co-chairs and let the
> board to decide among them, once they confirm their willingness to take the
> job, so we can have elections in the future (option 2 above).
> Note that each person supporting/objecting one or serveral choices, should
> briefly detail what are the pros and cons that he/she understands need to
> be considered. Note that this is a consensus base decision, not a voting,
> and the objections should be as less subjective as possible and looking for
> the good of the overall community, not personal or business interests.
> If you think that option 3 or 4 are the right ones, this is not the time
> to set any conditions or nominate people. Will need to define specific time
> frame after the decision is taken. Otherwise, may not be able to reach
> consensus quickly.
> REMARK: We need to tell the board our decision, by consensus by next
> Tuesday (16th February), so only comments received up to Tuesday noon could
> be considered in the final summary.
> IPv4 is over
> Are you ready for the new Internet ?
> The IPv6 Company
> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or
> confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of
> the individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized
> disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
> information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly
> prohibited and will be considered a criminal offense. If you are not the
> intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
> use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including
> attached files, is strictly prohibited, will be considered a criminal
> offense, so you must reply to the original sender to inform about this
> communication and delete it.
> RPD mailing list
> RPD at afrinic.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the RPD