Search RPD Archives
[rpd] WE NEED YOUR INPUT, MAXIMUM BY TUESDAY 16TH NOON: Decision of way forward for new (transition or elected) co-chairs
lucillafornarosawamoto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:58:05 UTC 2021
Thanks for simplifying the choices we need to go forward, this way.
I am personally with both options 1 & 2 for the following reasons :
The co-chairs election is a community based process, so I really do not see
the necessity of giving the board the ability to pick new co-chairs
(transition or not) . The situation we are in is indeed exceptional, but we
should still stick to the normal process that we are used to and that is
the fairest one: Have elections (Online or not, it’s an easy matter than
can be works out amongst us). As for halting the PDP decisions until we can
do that, I believe there is no harm in that at all, at least until
everything is organized and back to normal.
Il giorno gio 11 feb 2021 alle ore 17:47 JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <
rpd at afrinic.net> ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> Following the previous email, we have 4 choices for selecting the new
> 1. Halt everything regarding PDP decisions, until the board can organize
> on-line elections in a few weeks (with the previous electoral census).
> 2. Halt everything regarding PDP decisions, until the board can organize
> an in-person meeting and then we can have on-site elections (we don't know
> when we will have a new in-person meeting).
> 3. Ask the board to choose 2 transition co-chairs, so we can have
> elections in the future (option 2 above).
> 4. Nominate ourselves a few names for transition co-chairs and let the
> board to decide among them, once they confirm their willingness to take the
> job, so we can have elections in the future (option 2 above).
> Note that each person supporting/objecting one or serveral choices, should
> briefly detail what are the pros and cons that he/she understands need to
> be considered. Note that this is a consensus base decision, not a voting,
> and the objections should be as less subjective as possible and looking for
> the good of the overall community, not personal or business interests.
> If you think that option 3 or 4 are the right ones, this is not the time
> to set any conditions or nominate people. Will need to define specific time
> frame after the decision is taken. Otherwise, may not be able to reach
> consensus quickly.
> REMARK: We need to tell the board our decision, by consensus by next
> Tuesday (16th February), so only comments received up to Tuesday noon could
> be considered in the final summary.
> IPv4 is over
> Are you ready for the new Internet ?
> The IPv6 Company
> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or
> confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of
> the individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized
> disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
> information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly
> prohibited and will be considered a criminal offense. If you are not the
> intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
> use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including
> attached files, is strictly prohibited, will be considered a criminal
> offense, so you must reply to the original sender to inform about this
> communication and delete it.
> RPD mailing list
> RPD at afrinic.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the RPD