[rpd] Report from Recall Committee

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:08:09 UTC 2021

Hello

Let's try to make the things as simple and objective as possible in
order to avoid more endless discussions.

1 - Yes we do need on-line elections (only possible way) in a few weeks
time with the previous electoral census as done previously.

2 - Ideally the Board could choose 2 transition/temporary chairs,
however the problem is that the current CPM doesn't provision about this
possibility anywhere in it. In fact it is a pity that we still could not
move forward a PDP change to have this possibility available for
situations like this one we are going on. So in my view we don't have
that option available right now.

3 - I don't think there is minimal condition we nominate anyone right
now, even temporary until the elections are held. That has the potential
of another round of hard discussions. So let's make it simple and wait
for the Board to organize it and until there we remain with no Co-Chairs
bearing in mind the downsides of it.

Regarding the discussions in this email list we can do the following:

- Halt any policy discussions until the election is concluded
- Keep any other generic discussions and if really necessary due to any
conflicts or confusion that may happen in the mean time the list to be
moderated until the new Co-Chairs take their role. I am personally
prepared to wait if such scenario is necessary. Don't think would be
much longer as the Board will make sure to move things as soon as
possible regarding the election.

Regards
Fernando