[rpd] Report from Recall Committee

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 03:33:16 UTC 2021

Hello Jordi

On 07/02/2021 16:43, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD wrote:

> <clip>

> 3) The situation with the Inter-RIR transfers proposal is a bit more complex, because the mess created by the chairs. I think there is only one possible way-out, and is again what I've proposed when, several months after I submitted the first proposal, two new proposals were submitted as well and only the authors of one of the proposals agreed to talk (however it was too late for the Luanda meeting, even if I've asked months in advance the staff and the authors to organize a call and even met of the other authors in the IETF). I'm not going to repeat myself on this. I've already explained it some time ago: https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/011529.html and I recall I've also explained that in the Luanda meeting.

My view is that once the new chairs are chosen they approach the authors
of all proposals and organize in the best possible way that all can talk
towards a agreement tentative in a possible proposal in the benefit of
the region to have a Inter-RIR transfer but at the same time protect the
region's resources and of course are reciprocal to all other RIRs. We
must have learned something out of this in order that all authors can at
least try to talk among themselves and find points that are common to
all in order to have the best possible proposal for discussion.

This of course is based on the premise that the Appeal Committee will
revert the previous Chair's decision for the Resource Transfer Policy.

Regards
Fernando