[rpd] Clarifying a few points

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Dec 17 21:57:56 UTC 2020

Jordi,
On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 6:49 PM JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <
rpd at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Note the "self-governance". If the Board is imposing "documents" (such as

> the ToR) that amend the PDP

Firstly, weeks ago, I indicated to you that I *OPPOSE* the policy and I
stated to you clearly why. Please see below links FYI.

https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/011898.html
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/011936.html

FWIW, please note that your claim that the Board is imposing documents e.g
ToR is false and misleading.

See below link where AFRINIC board requested community’s inputs regarding
possible improvements to the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Appeal
Committee.

https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/010947.html

And members of the community followed up with suggestions including myself
meaning nothing is being imposed on us contrary to your insinuations.

https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/011043.html

> and aren't adopted by bottom-up consensus (by the PDP itself), then this

> is broken.

Nothing is broken as long as the Board that is empowered by the Bylaws to
bring policies to the community for inputs do so. If the board were
drafting policies without consulting the community for inputs then I would
support your assertion but since that is not the case, then your arguments
are misleading in light of the archived communications from the Board to
the community for inputs on ToR etc or any other such document.

PS: So in terms of "Self Governance" which is very important for AFRINC, we
the residents in the AFRICA service region know what is right for us. Each
RIR has its own self-governance systems and there is no global rule or
policy that suggest that we at AFRINIC should follow what you follow at
LACNIC or RIPE etc.

Unless of course the term Self Governance means something else to you Jordi.

If need be, the WG will write to the AC to appeal against the declaration
of consensus by co-chairs since the concerns we indicated during last call
were never taken seriously nor did the AFRINIC staff assessment also
considered yet again.

Cheers,
Noah