[rpd] Comments on AFPUB-2020-GEN-004-DRAFT01 - Board Prerogatives on the PDP

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Oct 21 10:43:02 UTC 2020

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 11:12 AM JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <
rpd at afrinic.net> wrote:

> This proposal is ensuring that the PDP exlicitly authorize the board to do

> what the bylaws already say, not contradicting them.

No, I have a problem with this Jordi to be honest because you will now have
two contradicting laws telling the board how to do the same thing. By the
way, the members are born out of the community. The board follows the
bylaws and the board is indirectly empowered by the community through its
members.

Recently AFRINIC circulated to the community request for comments for
the ToR for the Appeals committee. In the past the same was also availed to
the community for comments. So I hope you contributed ideas on what you
want to see in the ToR.

https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2020/thread.html#10947

This is how it should continue to be.

So I still have issues supporting this.