[rpd] Clarifying a few points

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Mon Dec 14 19:34:01 UTC 2020

Dear Policy Development Working Group,

I would like to clarify a few points related to the recent discussions.

1. I did not receive any email requesting the Board to ratify a policy
proposal(s).

2. AFRINIC is accountable to its membership and bound by the laws of
the jurisdiction in which it operates.

3. There is an agreement for global policy development [2]. At the
regional level, there is a policy development process. I read
the version [3] which was discussed on this mailing list as a
refresher.

4. I noticed a mistake in a "terms of reference" yesterday. I would
not have caught it if I only read the emails sent to this mailing
list.

5. Did the Policy Development Working Group take the following sentence
sentence into consideration:

[AFRINIC] "General business practices and procedures are
not within the purview of the Policy Development Process."

If so, what is the reasoning for its decision?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2013/003105.html
2.