[rpd] Community Feedback

Daniel Yakmut yakmutd at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 2 13:38:36 UTC 2020

Good Day to All,

There are a few sensible responses to settling the dust arising from the
recall attempts of the current Co-Chairs and the new proposal to make
changes to the CPM on recall procedure. Thank you Egbon Sunday, yours is
calming.

However I will want to say thus:

1. There wouldn't have been all these back and forth if not that some
members of the community feel that their opinions must always be
accepted. This is clearly demonstrated by the Authors of the recall
document, coming with trumped up charges to secure a Recall.

2. The appeal for the Author of the Policy on Changes on the provisions
of recall to withdraw the proposal is a good call. But, again the
Co-authors are duty bound to act on the proposal, if it is not
withdrawn. Importantly, there is no urgency on the matter. Either way
the changes being advocated cannot possibly be use in the current Recall
procedure, the existing provisions will apply. Therefore, we should calm
nerves knowing that the Co-Chairs will not sit in judgement on matters
that affects them as been insinuated by the usual "suspects".

3. For me I strongly believe that within us we can resolve all matters,
there are still a few good men/women that see things clearly and
objectively. If we must add an outsider, we can have one in the Recall
committee.

4. While we await the actions of the Board on the constitution of the
Recall committee and the final action of the committee. I will suggest
that members should give the Co-Chairs some breathing space, the bashing
and harassment is not helping.

Simply,

Daniel