[rpd] REQUEST TO RECALL THE AFRINIC PDWG CO-CHAIRS

Daniel Yakmut yakmutd at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 24 19:36:43 UTC 2020

Good, we will hold our fire awaiting the following of the CPM.

Thanks for the guide.

Simply,

Daniel

On 24/11/2020 1:14 pm, Sunday Folayan wrote:

> [...]

>> not. We have always proved as a community to be efficient in solving

>> issues through the most democratic and fair ways and I believe this a

>> crucial moment where we need to do so as well.

>> Jeopardizing the reputation and position of two individuals shouldn’t

>> be as easy as it is, otherwise, it will encourage individuals in the

>> future to abuse the request of recall whenever there is a personal

>> motive. Such a serious decision of recalling the chairs should not

>> lay at the hand of six people out of a big community whose voice

>> matters as equally. I believe this will not only be fair to the

>> co-chairs but also to both parties who seem to argue or disagree with

>> the request.

>> Regards

>> Le ven. 20 nov. 2020 à 15:10, Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com

>> <mailto:fhfrediani at gmail.com>> a écrit :

>> I am glad to see the same and very repeating only argument

>> against this Recall Request is that some (not all) of the authors

>> are also authors of 'competing proposals' (as if the PDWG was a

>> battle of proposals) and trying to make up as if this was

>> something forbidden.

>> Everything that was done in both the Appeal and the Recall

>> Request is done strictly in the line with what the CPM allows so

>> there is nothing else others that are moaning about can do other

>> than wait for the output.

>> Please leave with the Board to do its job. It's entirely up to

>> them to consider if the justifications given make sense or not.

>> Fernando

>> On 20/11/2020 10:58, Ekaterina Kalugina wrote:

>>> Dear community,

>>> As Andrew pointed out: "Anyone may request the recall of a

>>> Working Group Chair at any time, upon written request with

>>> justification to the AFRINIC Board of Directors."

>>> The problem here is that there are no valid justifications to

>>> support the present recall request. As many of the members

>>> including myself already pointed out, this recall request is

>>> unjustified as it is not based on objective facts. Rather, this

>>> request is largely unfounded and supported by biased arguments

>>> and bitter emotional accusations. No tangible evidence has been

>>> presented to support the case. There is also a serious conflict

>>> of interest as some of the signatories happen to be authors of a

>>> competing transfer proposal, while others were denied the

>>> position of a chair in the previous elections.

>>> This request is also generally done in bad faith. It's text

>>> refers to a number of appeals to justify its legitimacy. Yet,

>>> these appeals were all launched by the very same people who

>>> signed this recall request. In my view, this is an unfair move

>>> that seeks to bend the PDP to the agendas of a few. Such

>>> behavior undermines the legitimacy of the whole process and

>>> should not be tolerated. Thus, I contend that this recall

>>> request lacks enough justifications to be considered legitimate.

>>> Best,

>>> Ekaterina

>>> On Fri, 20 Nov 2020, 11:23 lucilla fornaro

>>> <lucillafornarosawamoto at gmail.com

>>> <mailto:lucillafornarosawamoto at gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> Dear Community,

>>> Many pointed out the Board now needs to appoint an impartial

>>> recall committee, and that’s what I hope.

>>> From my perspective, the recall lacks objective, accurate,

>>> and impartial evidence, and it seems to be the consequence

>>> of resentment and disappointment.

>>> "Conclusions" reports a clear example of what I am talking

>>> about:

>>> “The co-chairs continue to ignore the numerous calls to them

>>> to take the proposal back for further discussions."

>>> This is exactly the opposite of what happened! Co-chairs

>>> after a member’s request extended the last call to allow

>>> further discussions. This is a fact, and I cannot understand

>>> how it is possible to misrepresent it. To me, this is bad

>>> faith, and I see no reason for this recall to exist. It is

>>> just the last of several attempts to intimidate the

>>> community and co-chairs.

>>> Regards,

>>> Lucilla

>>> Il giorno gio 19 nov 2020 alle ore 22:48 Timothy Ola

>>> Akinfenwa <akin.akinfenwa at uniosun.edu.ng

>>> <mailto:akin.akinfenwa at uniosun.edu.ng>> ha scritto:

>>> At least this is an objective way forward for me, and

>>> yes of course /with the exclusion of the co-chairs and

>>> complainants/ as earlier clarified. The main hassle now

>>> is getting neutral parties that will serve in the Recall

>>> Committee devoid of any bias and intimidation to finally

>>> bring this issue to a close.

>>> 🕊✌

>>> Engr. Timothy Ola AKINFENWA Senior System Programmer

>>> Information Management & Technology Centre,

>>> Osun State University, P.M.B. 4494, Osogbo, Osun State,

>>> Nigeria.

>>> +234 (0) 80 320 70 442;

>>> +234 (0) 80 988 97 799

>>> *Email: * akin.akinfenwa at uniosun.edu.ng

>>> <mailto:akin.akinfenwa at uniosun.edu.ng>;

>>> lordaikins at gmail.com <mailto:lordaikins at gmail.com>;

>>> lordaikins at yahoo.com <mailto:lordaikins at yahoo.com>

>>> *Website:* www.uniosun.edu.ng <http://uniosun.edu.ng/>

>>> <http://www.facebook.com/lordaikins><http://www.twitter.com/lordaikins><http://www.instagram.com/lordaikins><https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TimothyOlaAkinfenwa>

>>> "Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with

>>> both, and you won't have to hunt for happiness." ~

>>> William E. Gladstone

>>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 2:00 PM Andrew Alston

>>> <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com

>>> <mailto:Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>> wrote:

>>> Up until now, I’ve stayed pretty silent on this,

>>> because quite frankly – I have no issues with the

>>> chairs and if they stay or go makes very little

>>> difference in my life.

>>> That being said – the one thing I do care about is

>>> the process.

>>> So – let’s look at that.

>>> Section 3.5 of the consolidated policy manual states:

>>> · Anyone may request the recall of a Working Group

>>> Chair at any time, upon written request with

>>> justification to the AFRINIC Board of Directors. The

>>> request must be supported by at least five (5) other

>>> persons from the Working Group. The AFRINIC Board of

>>> Directors shall appoint a recall committee,

>>> excluding the persons requesting the recall and the

>>> Working Group Chairs. The recall committee shall

>>> investigate the circumstances of the justification

>>> for the recall and determine the outcome.

>>> So – it is at the discretion of those who requested

>>> the recall to do so – that much is clear – if we

>>> don’t like that – change the PDP.  The board

>>> however, is now obligated under the PDP to appoint a

>>> recall committee, as per the above point, that

>>> includes the working group chairs and the

>>> complainants, and that committee then reviews,

>>> deliberates and delivers a verdict. My reading of

>>> that is that the committee appointed shall be

>>> appointed from the community – though that may well

>>> be a subjective reading of the text. I would hope

>>> that the board would endeavor to appoint individuals

>>> entirely divorced from this mess on the list who can

>>> be objective and impartial in their review of the

>>> available evidence and then render a verdict based

>>> on hard fact and evidence. But whichever way this

>>> happens – we have a policy process – and while we

>>> may or may not like the outcomes of the policy

>>> process – the process is sacrosanct and must be

>>> observed and followed, and if we don’t like what the

>>> process says – the PDP process  allows for us, as

>>> members of the PDP, to change that process through

>>> the rough consensus process.

>>> Andrew

>>> *From:*dc at darwincosta.com

>>> Everyone,

>>> **

>>> Most of the arguments advanced are irrelevant

>>> and completely out of the context of the nature

>>> of the demand to recall the co-chairs.

>>> Therefore, it would make the whole request null

>>> and invalid.

>>> *Part A:*

>>> This part does not have any violations or

>>> dishonest acts done by any of the co-chairs.

>>> They have had no influence whatsoever on neither

>>> the meeting participants nor their reaction

>>> (which I don't see the relevance here anyway).

>>> This looks like a normal election process to me,

>>> not only in this particular field but for

>>> everything and everywhere else in the world.

>>> Stating otherwise is either naïve or just

>>> clueless. Also, protests from a losing party

>>> look like a normal reaction to me in an

>>> election, some more sore than others as

>>> evidenced by recent presidential elections in

>>> the US, but I digress. All of the points made in

>>> this part are wholly immaterial and should be

>>> dismissed.

>>> *Part B :*

>>> 1.)

>>> I noticed you keep basing your arguments on "it

>>> was observed", "Observed by a participant" and

>>> "Following the suspicions". Serious accusations

>>> should be based on actual proof and precise

>>> arguments: not guesses, suspicions, and some

>>> anonymous witnesses and vague insinuations.

>>> Anyone can come up with scenarios if they are

>>> unfounded and unproven, especially if they are

>>> about events that have occurred a very long time

>>> ago but were not reported at the exact time.

>>> What makes it the best moment now? And why

>>> didn't you ask to recall the co-chairs back then

>>> if you had all the necessary proof? This makes

>>> absolutely no sense because if your intentions

>>> are as honest as you claim they are, this should

>>> have been handled a while ago and not right

>>> after the same community reelected one of the

>>> same co-chairs.

>>> Nevertheless, this is a blatant interference in

>>> two people's personal life. I hope this behavior

>>> won't start encouraging individuals to begin

>>> following co-chairs to hotels and anywhere else

>>> outside the PPM conference room. We are talking

>>> about two people who were brave enough to

>>> volunteer to do a job that starts and ends

>>> inside the PPM room and in the mailing list.

>>> Whatever else they do in their private time

>>> shouldn't be of anyone's concern and has nothing

>>> to do with their work integrity.

>>> 2.)

>>> There isn't anything wrong with the video, and

>>> nothing you have stated appears to exist. I

>>> think you are the one that interpreted the

>>> meeting in a biased way. The co-chairs simply

>>> gave recommendations that they think favor the

>>> community and are related to managing the PDP,

>>> which is totally in their scope. As long as it's

>>> not enforced, then no harm is intended nor done.

>>> 3.)

>>> The rpd list in an open space where individuals

>>> are free to respond, converse, and argue. As

>>> long as no offense or attacks are intended, the

>>> freedom to defend oneself should not be censored

>>> just because "seniors" as you call it, are

>>> involved. Particularly when we all know that

>>> there has been a serious history of bullying and

>>> unfounded accusations on the list. I'm starting

>>> to feel weary of this back-and-forth on this

>>> matter, but nevertheless it is still worth

>>> reiterating—the RPD list is a fair space where

>>> all individuals are equal, and everyone's input

>>> is welcome. So your personal feelings should not

>>> interfere in your judgment on the work and

>>> integrity of the co-chairs, nor in your request

>>> to recall them.

>>> *Part C :*

>>> As far as I know, the community handled both the

>>> online meeting and election process matters. It

>>> is not the co-chair's duty to handle this sort

>>> of thing but rather the community members by

>>> vote. They only had to manage the discussions

>>> and take into consideration the opinions, which

>>> they correctly did. Therefore, section (1) is

>>> utterly wrong.

>>> For the rest, let me summarize it like this :

>>> All of this seems very suspicious and makes me

>>> think that there is some personal motive or

>>> agenda behind this request. If the community was

>>> discontented with the current co-chairs, it

>>> could have easily prevented Abdul Kareem to be

>>> reelected again, which was not the case.

>>> */"The co-chairs continue to ignore the numerous

>>> calls to them to take the proposal back for

>>> further discussions."/* This is absolutely not

>>> true, and it can easily be proven if you just

>>> take the time to go back to the previous thread

>>> about the policy, extending its last call, and

>>> calling for additional comments. The co-chairs

>>> have gone back and forth to satisfy the

>>> community's concerns and have extended the

>>> policy's discussion time. So did the authors who

>>> have managed to resolve every issue and improve

>>> the policy, but lately no one seemed to have any

>>> new or further objections. Logically this would

>>> convince the co-chairs to finally give the go

>>> signal for the proposal because it can't be

>>> stuck forever with the same people who were

>>> raising concerns being suddenly quiet. There is

>>> no logic at all, and the procedure was followed

>>> according to protocol. Therefore, the argument

>>> is not valid.

>>> Saying that the co-chairs violated the PDP by

>>> suggesting amendments to proposals is no

>>> violation in itself because the CPM never

>>> mentioned explicitly that they are not allowed

>>> to do so. The co-chairs again are within their

>>> scope.

>>> The WG is managed by the CPM, which is very

>>> clear about the PDP. You have mentioned several

>>> times arguments about violations of the PDP

>>> etcetera without stating what and where it

>>> contradicts what the CPM says. Unless you do

>>> that, I don't see the validity of all the

>>> related arguments. You can't judge what a

>>> violation is based on whether it aligns with

>>> your personal agenda or not. There are rules and

>>> instructions that have been created to be

>>> followed and not subjectively interpreted.

>>> Finally, I totally understand your

>>> discontentment with the whole situation since

>>> the transfer policies were in a tough

>>> competition and since you are the authors of the

>>> other proposal. You can be unsatisfied for as

>>> long as you can, but let me say that it is no

>>> valid excuse or justification to make an

>>> unfounded request to recall the co-chairs whose

>>> sole job is to manage the PDP. Not only the

>>> arguments are invalid and biased, but there is

>>> no actual proof to support the claims and

>>> accusations, so I urge the board to look into

>>> this urgently and dismiss it. Otherwise, the PDP

>>> and the AFRINIC community will no longer be the

>>> same, which will be a shame.

>>> Just to comment here in between. I don’t think the

>>> main cause here is “discontentment” but rather how

>>> this proposal was conducted including last minute

>>> changes.

>>> IMHO and someone has mentioned here on this tread

>>> “collaborative work between all the authors” - well

>>> I would definitely agree that this is something that

>>> makes a community a better place.

>>> My only concern with this proposal and all the

>>> changes made it on the last call is that the changes

>>> were made at wrong stage of the process.

>>> Last but not least, remember the discussion between

>>> Cohen and Ronald here couple of weeks ago? Well same

>>> discussion is running again on the NANOG

>>> mailinglist. And the main concern here is:

>>> ·Where we conservative enough when all those

>>> resources were sold?

>>> ·Are we even seeing this resources back anytime

>>> soon? Maybe not.... maybe never...

>>> ·Not to mention how many African startups or unborn

>>> ISP(s) will have to fight for v4 addresses when

>>> those are not anymore available at Afrinic... We all

>>> know where they will have to go to......

>>> I could go even further but I will stop here by

>>> saying - What happened in the past can happen again

>>> and only time will tell how good or bad this

>>> proposal is FOR US.

>>> As community we need to protect AFRINIC interests

>>> instead of individuals benefits....

>>> My 2cts.

>>> Thanks, Gaby

>>> Regards,

>>> Darwin-.

>>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 11:51 AM lucilla fornaro

>>> <lucillafornarosawamoto at gmail.com

>>> <mailto:lucillafornarosawamoto at gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> Dear Community,

>>> I believe that the multiple accusations

>>> towards Co-Chairs, and of course, the

>>> current request to recall is suspicious,

>>> unfair, and in bad faith.

>>> The recall seems to be a sort of

>>> intimidatory attempt of revenge for the mere

>>> fact that their proposals did not reach

>>> consensus.

>>> I was not a member of Afrinic when Co-chairs

>>> were elected, but based on what is written

>>> on the recall, I cannot understand how

>>> Co-chairs are to be considered responsible

>>> for previous Co-chairs' resignation.

>>> According to paragraph 1, I understand

>>> authors’ are suggesting an ex-parte

>>> communication, once again without

>>> documentation. The point is, every single

>>> human behavior might be misunderstood, that

>>> is why without shreds of evidence, these

>>> kinds of accusations should not even be

>>> mentioned.

>>> I feel the recall is more personal than

>>> based on facts. The recall's main supporters

>>> are those authors that have seen their

>>> proposals rejected, as well as someone who

>>> has lost elections to the current Co-chairs.

>>> The recall is a mere list of accusations of

>>> presumable and never confirmed violations

>>> perpetrated by Co-chairs since the beginning

>>> of their office. Without evidence or a clear

>>> and specific reference to the CPM,

>>> indictments are inappropriate and meaningless.

>>> Another sign of the resentment and hostility

>>> comes not only from the recall but also from

>>> the previous discussions where it was clear

>>> that the main goal was to silence some other

>>> members of the community to make sure their

>>> proposals had no objections. The anger is

>>> clear from the way the recall is written and

>>> the manipulative language used. Again, the

>>> unfounded accusations of usurpation and

>>> corruption are unacceptable. Authors accused

>>> co-chairs when, in reality, and according to

>>> their admission, they failed to file a

>>> properly formed appeal. This is a very

>>> controversial behavior that nothing has to

>>> do with Afrinic and its development.

>>> To me, these are all relevant elements the

>>> Board needs to consider.

>>> Regards,

>>> Lucilla

>>> Il giorno mer 18 nov 2020 alle ore 23:03

>>> Ibeanusi Elvis <ibeanusielvis at gmail.com

>>> <mailto:ibeanusielvis at gmail.com>> ha scritto:

>>> Dear Community; Dear All,

>>> After an in-depth review of this current

>>> request to recall the Afrinic PDWG

>>> co-chairs, I have come to the conclusion

>>> that this request is not only biased, it

>>> is filled with accusations, personal

>>> reasons especially with regards to the

>>> event of things of the past month during

>>> the last call, attaining consensus and

>>> the difficulty in the ratification and

>>> implementation of the specific policies

>>> due to its conflict with other policies

>>> of similar nature. Additionally, this

>>> request has no significant proof as well

>>> as justification.

>>> Initially, during the policy decision

>>> process and the last call period, the

>>> co-chairs performed their duties as the

>>> representatives of the PDWG, gave every

>>> member of the working groups to make

>>> their inputs and express their opinions

>>> whether in support or against the policy

>>> in discussion at the time. Likewise,

>>> these opinions, inputs and concerns

>>> expressed by the WG were been put into

>>> consideration to make the best decision

>>> that works best for the AFRINIC RIR and

>>> focus on the development and evolution

>>> of the internet in the African region.

>>> Additionally, during the AFRINIC Virtual

>>> PPM, the idea that the co-chairs made no

>>> effort to make sure that the WG

>>> understood the Pros and Cons of the

>>> policy is outrightly accusation with no

>>> profound justification or proof. As I

>>> can recall, during the commencement of

>>> the AFRINIC Virtual PPM, the co-chairs

>>> not only described the each policy up

>>> for the discussion but they also pointed

>>> out the pros and cons of each policy and

>>> as well, gave the authors of the

>>> policies the opportunity to elaborately

>>> speak on the significance, importance

>>> and value of their policies, and how it

>>> fits with the grand goal of the RIR

>>> which is the development of the internet

>>> in the region, which the participants/WG

>>> whom participated in the virtual PPM

>>> expressed their concerns, opinions and

>>> objections.

>>> Finally, in addition to the fact that

>>> this request is compounded with

>>> emotional statements, lack of concrete

>>> evidence and biases; with the person

>>> behind this request as well as the

>>> listed signatories of this request, i

>>> can firmly adhere to the ideology that

>>> this request was specifically made out

>>> of emotional sentiments and

>>> self-indulgent feeling of sadness due to

>>> the result/outcome and the rightful

>>> procedures taken of the well-debated

>>> ‘Inter-RIR Policy Proposal’ which had

>>> three conflicting proposals.

>>> Best regards,

>>> Elvis

>>> On Nov 18, 2020, at 21:04, Wijdane

>>> Goubi <goubi.wijdane at gmail.com

>>> <mailto:goubi.wijdane at gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> Dear community,

>>> I have read the recall document and

>>> have found it based on very

>>> subjective and personal reasons,

>>> which makes sense in a way because

>>> of how the last policy that has

>>> reached consensus, was in a constant

>>> competition with other related

>>> proposals.

>>> First of all, as far as I can

>>> remember, the co-chairs have always

>>> asked the community to give decent

>>> explanations of what raises their

>>> concerns, but instead, there were

>>> constant personal attacks, unrelated

>>> subjects and arguments and no more

>>> unaddressed concerns.

>>> Dragging the co-chairs and accusing

>>> them of some serious accusations

>>> just because one proposal reached

>>> consensus and others did not, proves

>>> again that this recall is based on

>>> personal guesses and speculations

>>> with no discrete, distinguished and

>>> notable reasons.

>>> Our community seems not to be, sadly

>>> enough, a stress-free working

>>> environment. The co-chairs always

>>> have to deal with targets set by the

>>> community, and *these targets are

>>> often hard to achieve,* which

>>> creates a lot of pressure on them.

>>> I substantially believe that the

>>> co-chairs are not taking a side and

>>> are perfectly respecting one of the

>>> most important values in the CPM

>>> which is fairness. They care enough

>>> to assess their performance by

>>> respecting the CPM, Not taking sides

>>> but actually discussing each policy

>>> on its own and most importantly

>>> giving enough time to solve the

>>> community’s concerns.

>>> I strongly believe that what we do

>>> need more is to be objective in the

>>> way we judge things, and actually

>>> stop having unfair opinions in order

>>> to have more clarity, lack of bias,

>>> and often transparent obviousness of

>>> the truth.

>>> Cheers,

>>> Le mer. 18 nov. 2020 à 10:03, Taiwo

>>> Oyewande <taiwo.oyewande88 at gmail.com

>>> <mailto:taiwo.oyewande88 at gmail.com>>

>>> a écrit :

>>> I will like to believe that the

>>> recall request sent to the board

>>> is to permit a form of election

>>> for the community to either vote

>>> to remove or retain the serving

>>> co chairs. As the board didn’t

>>> vote/ appoint the cochairs

>>> therefore, they have no powers

>>> to remove them.

>>> This recall seems like an

>>> attempt to hijack the community

>>> through the back door. I can see

>>> that the petition was signed  by

>>> 1.  one person who lost

>>> elections in Kampala to the

>>> current Co-chairs,

>>> 2. authors of competing proposal

>>> with our Inter RIR policy,

>>> 3. a member whose right was

>>> suspended after he violated  the

>>> CoC.

>>> 4. A member who shamefully made

>>> frivolous allegation in Uganda

>>> using a fake profile among others.

>>> This list of petitioners makes

>>> me wonder if this is a personal

>>> vendetta.

>>> The petition to me borders

>>> around the co chairs using

>>> initiative to take decisions. It

>>> seems that some party “the power

>>> brokers” are aggrieved that they

>>> are not been consulted before

>>> the co chairs make decisions

>>> Another funny allegation is that

>>> the co chairs wasted the time of

>>> the community by not passing

>>> policies in Angola - this is a

>>> misleading argument as

>>> discussing policies to improve

>>> them is never a waste of time.

>>> Unfortunately when they decided

>>> to make sure that polices are

>>> resolved during the last PPM.

>>> The exact same people complained.

>>> I guess the co-chairs can never

>>> do right in their sight.

>>> Finally, as one of the authors

>>> of the competing proposals in

>>> Angola. I will like to clearly

>>> state that the co-chairs sent

>>> all authors of competing policy

>>> proposals to try and consolidate

>>> the policies. My co-author and i

>>> had several meeting with Jordi

>>> but the authors of the third

>>> proposal totally refused the

>>> offer to join heads to produce

>>> one proposal. This now makes me

>>> wonder how they derived the

>>> claim that the co-chairs tried

>>> to force the consolidation when

>>> they where not even present.

>>> I will like to clearly state

>>> that the co-chairs did not

>>> interfere in our meetings. Hence

>>> the call on stage in Angola to

>>> find out our resolve from the

>>> said meeting.

>>> My input.

>>> Kind regards.

>>> Taiwo

>>> DeLong <owen at delong.com

>>> not representing any

>>> organization or company:

>>> recall petition is entirely

>>> specious and without merit.

>>> evidence supporting the removal

>>> of the co-chairs, the following

>>> problems exist with the PDF

>>> provided to the community (this

>>> may not be a comprehensive list,

>>> but it certainly covers enough

>>> to indicate that the PDF is not

>>> a basis for removal of the

>>> co-chairs):

>>> prohibiting the recruitment of

>>> people to participate in

>>> AfriNIC, in fact

>>> bearing the resignation of the

>>> co-chair and failure to elect a

>>> legitimacy of the current

>>> chairs. Indeed, the supposed

>>> to Kampala which really only

>>> applies to one of the two

>>> the other was recently

>>> re-elected in the AfriNIC virtual

>>> a national anthem of one of the

>>> co-chairs in celebration of

>>> bit uncouth, I see no relevance

>>> here. It occurred after the

>>> therefore could not have altered

>>> the outcome of the election.

>>> sour grapes of a small (but

>>> vocal) minority of the community.

>>> outside of the control of the

>>> co-chairs that were elected

>>> bearing on the discussion here.

>>> section A is wholly without

>>> merit and is a blatant attempt to

>>> co-chairs without substance.

>>> impossible to parse, but if I

>>> understand the authors’ intended

>>> that the co-chairs were somehow

>>> taken to a hotel for

>>> ex-parte communication. Further,

>>> they appear to be claiming that

>>> investigate this allegation, but

>>> the board didn’t do so and

>>> evidence to support this claim.

>>> this that it is difficult to

>>> dignify it with a response,

>>> here. First, merely taking the

>>> co-chairs to a hotel hardly

>>> I, myself have been known to

>>> enjoy a meal or a drink or two

>>> RIRs. Surely the co-chairs are

>>> not denied a social life merely

>>> any sort of undue influence was

>>> exerted through any ex-parte

>>> occurred during this alleged

>>> outing as indicated by the

>>> did not act as nothing was

>>> reported back.”

>>> video referenced.

>>> bias. I did not see evidence of

>>> incapability or incompetence.

>>> to be courteous and collegial

>>> with the authors of two competing

>>> if the authors were willing to

>>> work together to consolidate

>>> lack of cooperation by the both

>>> policy authors which the chairs

>>> chairs may have pushed a little

>>> harder than I think was appropriate

>>> authors to work together, but

>>> that’s a difficult judgment call

>>> it’s quite clear that the chairs

>>> stopped well short of the point

>>> intransigence by the authors. As

>>> such, I see no harm to the PDP

>>> in their

>>> all of the decisions made by the

>>> co-chairs, especially the AS0

>>> on the list at the time, I

>>> recognize the legitimacy of their

>>> people of good conscience can

>>> view the same set of facts and/or

>>> differently. The default

>>> position should be no consensus.

>>> A co-chair that

>>> is strong community consensus

>>> for a proposal should absolutely

>>> is exactly what happened here.

>>> No consensus is not fatal or

>>> proposal. It just means that the

>>> authors need to continue their

>>> among the community either

>>> through further discussion on the

>>> the proposal to address the

>>> objections. In some cases, it may

>>> isn’t something the community

>>> wants. I don’t think that applies

>>> case, the rejection of the

>>> proposal is a perfectly valid

>>> outcome.

>>> the AfriNIC community to include

>>> a mechanism for the community to

>>> not be recycled or further

>>> discussed because it is simply

>>> is one of the biggest problems

>>> in the AfriNIC PDP. That failure

>>> proposals like Resource Review

>>> plagued the community for so long.

>>> so-called recall petition admit

>>> that their appeal of the co-chairs

>>> because they failed to file a

>>> properly formed appeal, yet they

>>> somehow an indictment of the

>>> co-chairs.

>>> proposals is not wasted, even if

>>> the proposals aren’t advanced.

>>> the spirit and intent of the PDP

>>> and the values of the RIR

>>> major obstacle to the resolution

>>> of objections was more about

>>> authors than anything under the

>>> control of the co-chairs.

>>> petition contains many of the

>>> most intransigent proposal

>>> appropriate for co-chairs to

>>> tell someone to “retire” or “go

>>> away”,

>>> the general tone of either of

>>> the messages referenced, I think

>>> they

>>> outright suggestion as the text

>>> in the PDF would indicate. I also

>>> attacks on the co-chairs by a

>>> vocal minority including

>>> (perhaps even

>>> “senior members of the

>>> community” in question leading

>>> up to it makes the

>>> understandable, though still not

>>> ideal. Taking the messages out of

>>> The co-chairs are gaining

>>> experience with the PDP and WG

>>> evidence that they’ve done any

>>> worse running the WG than many of

>>> controversial predecessors. If

>>> their supposed “lack of

>>> neutrality” rises

>>> “suspicion” and you cannot

>>> present actual evidence or even

>>> a solid

>>> fact, then that is hardly a

>>> basis for removal. You’ve shown

>>> exists and therefor no basis for

>>> your claim that said bias impacted

>>> how the concerns of some or the

>>> fears of others are relevant

>>> facts and evidence regarding any

>>> suspected wrongdoing, not

>>> co-chairs could have done in the

>>> time before AfriNIC-32? Almost

>>> everyone has dropped some balls

>>> in one way or another during

>>> tilt most of that time period as

>>> a result of a virus which

>>> many parts of the world. Many of

>>> us have lost friends and/or

>>> of us at least know someone who

>>> has lost a friend or a loved one.

>>> they remain untouched by this

>>> current circumstance and to

>>> even the most experienced and

>>> capable of co-chairs would be

>>> under the circumstances.

>>> evidence to support their claim

>>> that the co-chairs had selected

>>> push forward and their supposed

>>> reference to some form of

>>> demonstration

>>> foundation or evidence.

>>> that the co-chairs did nothing

>>> is also presented without evidence.

>>> message from Eddy describing the

>>> plan of record. It provides no

>>> information

>>> inaction in the preceding

>>> process by the co-chairs.

>>> the lead ignores any

>>> interactions which may have occurred

>>> co-chairs, staff, and/or the

>>> board regarding coordination and

>>> of a virtual AfriNIC meeting

>>> possibly including a PDWG

>>> of the AfriNIC meeting were out

>>> of scope for the co-chairs

>>> the PDWG meeting questions prior

>>> to obtaining answers from

>>> questions around the larger

>>> meeting (which are the questions

>>> authors

>>> staff took the lead) is absurd.

>>> incumbent co-chair is not

>>> responsible for the behavior of

>>> other

>>> expectation that the co-chair

>>> would perform his/her duties in a

>>> of the authors or candidates in

>>> question would be inappropriate

>>> have seen little evidence of

>>> poor or improper performance of

>>> co-chairs in question. Certainly

>>> nothing that rises to the level of

>>> attempt to remove them from

>>> office. Neither of the emails cited

>>> change in behavior by the co-chairs.

>>> decisions made by the co-chairs

>>> at AfriNIC-32 were “all rejected and

>>> note that all of those appeals

>>> were submitted by a single

>>> since the Appeals committee has

>>> given themselves until

>>> and publish the last appeal

>>> result and has not provided

>>> fact, one of the dates suggested

>>> for publication was

>>> suspect that’s a typo for

>>> December 22, 2020), it’s really

>>> appeals are simply a concerted

>>> effort by a vocal minority

>>> or whether they have actual

>>> merit. As such, using this fact

>>> the co-chairs is premature at

>>> best and potentially manipulative

>>> by the email referenced (or

>>> authors need to be more specific

>>> they see evidence supporting

>>> their claim as I do not see it

>>> The video shows a co-chair

>>> struggling a bit with language, but

>>> and well reasoned description of

>>> the situation with each

>>> determinations of consensus or

>>> not based on the record available.

>>> judgment of consensus alone is

>>> not justification for a

>>> heard the co-chair mentioned was

>>> an issue that had been brought

>>> in person or on the mailing

>>> list. Poor memory on the part of

>>> be grounds for removal of a

>>> co-chair.

>>> claim (4) and offers nothing

>>> novel or useful to the record.

>>> sufficient information and

>>> should be clarified by the PDF

>>> authors

>>> for merit (or lack there of).

>>> The amendments proposed by the

>>> co-chairs had been previously

>>> of the community and directly

>>> addressed objections raised

>>> co-chairs asked the proposal

>>> authors if they were amenable to the

>>> to achieve consensus and authors

>>> agreed. There is little

>>> difference between this and the

>>> co-chairs determining

>>> objections rectified by the

>>> amendments followed by authors

>>> question, followed by a

>>> determination of consensus (which is

>>> is interesting that the authors

>>> of this accusatory PDF

>>> co-chairs wasted time by not

>>> moving things forward and then here

>>> efficient use of time by getting

>>> author consent for amendments

>>> declaring consensus on the

>>> proposal with those amendments.

>>> be a generally factual claim,

>>> but I’m not sure how it is relevant

>>> or incompetence on the part of

>>> the co-chairs.

>>> or evidence. I’m not sure how

>>> "objections forcing the authors

>>> substantial changes” is in

>>> violation of the PDP… It’s my

>>> belief that the

>>> the community to insist upon

>>> needed changes in a proposal

>>> throughout

>>> foundation or evidence. If there

>>> is a basis to a claim that the

>>> were not, in fact, editorial in

>>> nature, then that basis

>>> document and supporting evidence

>>> should be provided. The

>>> (or even two appeals) is proof

>>> of nothing other than the

>>> like the outcome.

>>> what “submission” to whom is

>>> expected in Claim (12), nor do I see

>>> requires the co-chairs to await

>>> the decision of the appeal

>>> their decisions to the

>>> community. One one hand, PDF authors

>>> co-chairs ignore community input

>>> and on the other they are now

>>> decided to solicit additional

>>> community feedback given