[rpd] REQUEST TO RECALL THE AFRINIC PDWG CO-CHAIRS

Daniel Yakmut yakmutd at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:23:59 UTC 2020

The current request for recall of the AfriNIC PDWG Co-Chairs is in bad
faith. I am not aware of were the Co-Chairs have been given a second
chance to correct any anomaly that they have committed. Therefore I see
no reason for this recall, I want to categorically state here that the
recall is engineered and being sponsored for the mere fact that they
couldn't have their way.

First they attempted bullying and intimidation and since they have
failed at that, now they want a recall. If the Co-Chairs were not
performing why did we renew the position of one of the Co-Chairs in the
recent election. We had all the opportunity to push him out with the
election and we didn't. Now that the Co-Chairs have pushed through the
Resource Transfer document for Board's consideration, all hell is loose.

To a discerning mine, we can see that the Champions of the recall, are
Co-Authors and supporters of a competing Resource Transfer Policy, which
clearly smells of witch hunt and lack of tact. I will not support, nor
agree with a recall from a group of persons that have personal grudge
against the Co-Chairs.

It is also glaring that the opposition to the Co-Chairs has remained
sustained and consistent because of sentiments.

I have said it clearly that the community is toxic and it is beginning
to manifest with this attempt at recall.

I HOPE THE BOARD WILL SEE THE BAD BLOOD IN THIS REQUEST AND DISREGARD
IT, IT HAS NO MERIT.

Simply,

Daniel

On 17/11/2020 2:47 pm, Murungi Daniel wrote:

> [...]

>> <dmurungi at wia.co.tz <mailto:dmurungi at wia.co.tz>>, skiden at gmail.com

>> <mailto:skiden at gmail.com>, Gregoire EHOUMI <gregoire at ehoumi.net

>> <mailto:gregoire at ehoumi.net>>, ALAIN AINA <alain.Aina at wacren.net

>> <mailto:alain.Aina at wacren.net>>, SamiSalih <sami at ntc.gov.sd

>> <mailto:sami at ntc.gov.sd>>, sami <sami at tpra.gov.sd

>> <mailto:sami at tpra.gov.sd>>, Darwin Costa <dc at darwincosta.com

>> <mailto:dc at darwincosta.com>>, Mirriam <mirriamlauren at yahoo.com

>> <mailto:mirriamlauren at yahoo.com>>, Fernando Frediani

>> <fhfrediani at gmail.com <mailto:fhfrediani at gmail.com>>

>> Dear AFRINIC Board of Directors,

>> We write to ask for the current PDWG co-chairs to be recalled.

>> Attached is the document with the justifications.  We present the

>> course of events since the election of the co-chairs at AFRINIC-30 to

>> recent virtual AFRINIC-32, describing the inappropriateness in the

>> co-chairs behaviours, the impacts on the working group performance

>> and on the AFRINIC development process.

>> We conclude with the necessity to recall the co-chairs as the unique

>> solution to restore the normal operations of the AFRINIC policy

>> development working group in order to fulfil the RIR’s commitment to

>> a bottom-up, open and transparent policies development process

>> accessible to all interested parties.

>> We the members of the PDWG humbly submit

>> **

>> *./noah*

>> neo - network engineering and operations*

>> *

>> Begin forwarded message:

>> *From: *"Marcus K. G. Adomey" <madomey at hotmail.com

>> <mailto:madomey at hotmail.com>>

>> *Subject: **Re: REQUEST TO RECALL THE AFRINIC PDWG CO-CHAIRS*

>> *Date: *November 17, 2020 at 1:28:22 PM GMT+3

>> *To: *AfriNIC Board of Directors' List <board at afrinic.net

>> <mailto:board at afrinic.net>>, Gregoire Ehoumi <gregoire at ehoumi.net

>> <mailto:gregoire at ehoumi.net>>

>> *Cc: *Eddy Kayihura <eddy at afrinic.net <mailto:eddy at afrinic.net>>,

>> Guylaine Laiyra <guylaine at afrinic.net <mailto:guylaine at afrinic.net>>,

>> Madhvi Gokool <madhvi at afrinic.net <mailto:madhvi at afrinic.net>>,

>> Mwanguhya Daniel Murungi <dmurungi at wia.co.tz

>> <mailto:dmurungi at wia.co.tz>>, "skiden at gmail.com

>> <mailto:skiden at gmail.com>" <skiden at gmail.com

>> <mailto:skiden at gmail.com>>, ALAIN AINA <alain.Aina at wacren.net

>> <mailto:alain.Aina at wacren.net>>, SamiSalih <sami at ntc.gov.sd

>> <mailto:sami at ntc.gov.sd>>, sami <sami at tpra.gov.sd

>> <mailto:sami at tpra.gov.sd>>, Darwin Costa <dc at darwincosta.com

>> <mailto:dc at darwincosta.com>>, Mirriam <mirriamlauren at yahoo.com

>> <mailto:mirriamlauren at yahoo.com>>, Fernando Frediani

>> <fhfrediani at gmail.com <mailto:fhfrediani at gmail.com>>, Noah

>> <noah at neo.co.tz <mailto:noah at neo.co.tz>>

>> Dear Afrinic Board members

>> This is to confirm my unreserved support to the recall of the co-chairs

>>> Regards