[rpd] Resource Transfer Policy_Text revision

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 13:15:13 UTC 2020

So, let's recap:

- This proposal has been very controversial and had a reached
'consensus' according to the Co-Chais understanding despite the many
protests from many people from this group.
- After the 'consensus' was declared in the PPM the proposal suffered
significant changes in the text, some of them as put conditional by the
Co-Chairs for the consensus, something really odd. To mention one of the
changes the one that changes legacy resources status from one thing to
the contrary of that.
- These changes made after the PPM were never given enough time for the
WG to discuss it properly. One of the points that changed about the
Legacy Status had NEVER been discussed in the several months of
discussion by the WG.
- During the Last-Call there were countless requests for this proposal
to be put back into discussion again as clearly it never reached consensus
- After the Last-call the Co-Chais decision about this 'consensus' was
appealed, twice.
- Co-Chairs made something unprecedented after confirming the consensus
brought the proposal back to Last-call.
- During the first and second Last-call periods the proposal received at
least 3 new versions, which some insist to call "editorial review" but
change several and significant parts showing the proposal was not ready
to progress and is been rush at any cost to pass.
- During the same period staff confirmed some of the RIRs, ARIN in
specially did NOT have reciprocity to the text that supposedly reached
consensus.
- Still with the situation unknown the authors keep presenting new text
revisions for the proposal confirming once more that the proposal was
never ready to have any consensus declared and needed further discussion
despite how much important it can be for the region.
- These changes are called "editorial changes" but in fact are just
newer versions which require time for the WG to discuss properly.

Facing all this how can a proposal have any consensus declared with all
this mess ?

Fernando