[rpd] Appeal against the declaration of consensus on proposal Resource Transfer Policy

Mike Silber silber.mike at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 07:34:19 UTC 2020

Daniel

I have no issues with opinions. I have issues with shadowy echo chambers
comprised of uncertain identities amplifying those opinions in an attempt
to manipulate the process.

I am not shouting. I am not picking on one group. This is a ploy used many
times before and frankly I am tired of sock puppets manipulating the
process.

I have purposely expressed no opinion on the policy, merely on the process.

I am calling on identity verification to avoid manipulation and not stifle
discussion.

Please read what I have written and do not attribute to me statements or
intent that is not there.

Thanks

Mike

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 at 09:21, Daniel Yakmut <yakmutd at googlemail.com> wrote:

> We are becoming intolerant and dictatorial if we attempt in any form to

> begin to sanction or moderate posts that are not supportive of an opinion.

> I don't see any reason why we should suggest or contemplate any moderation.

> I don't also agree with attempts at cowing others not to express their

> opinions because they differ. If we are sure that there are ghost IDs on

> the mailing list then let us take necessary actions. However, for now there

> are attempts at shutting and shouting down people.

> Correctly, appeal cannot be stopped, but it has to be justified. And if

> some said they are against an appeal, i think my interpretation will be the

> person is against the content of the appeal, which of course does stop the

> appeal. However, whether you are to say I am against an appeal is another

> matter.

> Simply

> Daniel

> On 19/10/2020 7:16 am, Mike Silber wrote:

> Lucilla or whatever your actual name is.

> Thank you for confirming for the mailing list that you and Ekatarina form

> part of the same echo chamber.

> Now you have been exposed, you attempt to create distance from that

> person/identity, but it is not working.

> As I wrote before, your opinion on the appeal is frankly irrelevant. The

> appeal process is to an appeal committee. There is no mechanism in the PDP

> to oppose an appeal.

> The appeal process is (supposed to be) objective and (hopefully) not

> capable of manipulation.

> This mailing list has been populated by sock puppets and fictional

> identities for years. People from various view points and perspectives have

> been using these identities to amplify their views. So this behavior is not

> new!

> I am not sure if it has come time to require moderation of all posts and

> positive confirmation of identity before that moderation is lifted?

> Mike

> On Mon, 19 Oct 2020 at 07:49, lucilla fornaro <

> lucillafornarosawamoto at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I read your email!

>> You answered back to Ekaterina, asking HER an explanation for what SHE

>> wrote! Why should I talk on her behalf? How do I know what she meant by

>> using those words?

>> Is this a constructive discussion? I don't think so.

>> Lucilla

>> Il giorno lun 19 ott 2020 alle ore 14:35 Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz>

>> ha scritto:

>>> Hi,

>>> it seems you didn't read my email. the one you replied to.

>>> any comments about what I wrote?

>>> Thanks,

>>> Frank

>>> inserted