[rpd] Appeal against the declaration of consensus on proposal Resource Transfer Policy

Wijdane Goubi goubi.wijdane at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 21:58:40 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am against this appeal for the following reasons listed below:

1.There is no such thing as ‘’good faith “ or “good intentions ” . the
co-chairs are doing their duty just as they should . As you mentioned,
there is no way to have a clear border line of what is acceptable and what
is not which is a further reason to start interpreting things in a way that
will benefit the community which is our ultimate goal .

1.1 Let’s keep in mind that the CPM could explicitly and clearly state a
rule. Therefore as long as the CPM did not state that advancing suggestions
are prohibited, it means that The Policy Development Working Group Chairs
manage the PDWG, the PPM , the RPD list, determining consensus as they can
also advance suggestions.

1.4 It is also understandable that changing and updating policy may be
arranged since the opposite was not stated in the CPM, and the fact that
only editorial changes have been made in the past years does neither
implies nor implicit that changing or updating the policy (complex policy
text changes) is not acceptable during the last call if such need arises.
1.5 “co-chairs shall be selected from the community to carry out the
administrative functions of the Policy Development Working Group
(PDWG)’’which means that their duty is to perform administrative functions
with openness, Transparency and fairness .the opportunity was provided to
Resource transfer policy only because it had minor objections that were
solved by the author(s) therefore it achieved consensus .And again the CPM
did not state at all that changes should only be simple editorial ones.

2.2 There is no statement in the CPM that implicit time limitation when it
comes to updating the policy and publishing it before or even during the
last call.

This lead us to conclude that no violation of the CPM has occurred and it
is necessary to interpret the CPM in a way that is going to be helpful for
the situation which is in this case accepting the changes.

Best Regards,

Wijdane