[rpd] Reciprocity of the inter-RIR transfer policies

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:34:50 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Hope y'all are well !

Le samedi 10 octobre 2020, Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> a écrit :

> French version bellow

> Dear Madhvi,

> [...]

> We shall rather rely on staff assessment as per PDP

Thanks for this, dear Arnaud.
...it sounds as a useful reminder of our PDP (Policy
Development Process); then i suggest that the Staff
produce a new version of IAr (Impact Analysis report),
with those relevant informations regarding inter-RIR
policy reciprocity, for each of those three DPPs (Draft
Policy Proposals). Personally, i understand IAr·s as living
documents, that can be updated, even more than its DPP's
companion. Yes! i mean it's just right to have, when need be,
more than one version of IAr·s for the same DPP companion's
version ;-)

...let me add this to the discussion: AFPUB-2019-GEN-002-DRAFT02
seems to not requiring an inter-RIR policy reciprocity to bring-in
new IP resources; due to the particular nature of legacy resources
(IPv4 & ASN)...maybe not as it's written :-)

Now, waiting for the new versions of IAr·s, if possible ;-)

Shalom,
--sb.

--

Best Regards !