[rpd] End of Last call

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Mon Oct 12 23:43:54 UTC 2020

On Mon, 12 Oct 2020, 16:11 Ekaterina Kalugina, <kay.k.prof at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear community,

> Dear Noah, what do you think would happen when the expansion of the

> internet in the region would exhaust the AFRINIC pool before an inter RIR

> policy is passed?

We shall have a better transfer policy in place which has undergone the PDP
process and is accepted by the working group.

What would happen when the supply cannot adequately meet the demand?

Existing Intra-RIR, IPv6 adoption and an acceptable Inter-RIR will happen.

> How many business would shut down?

How many new enterprises won't be able to open?

What the heck are you talking about?

How many people will be devoid of an opportunity of remote education and

> work, that became the status quo because of the pandemic?

FYI, learning institutions are open in most parts and so is work. Like I
said, your pandemic whatever is out of the scope of the discussion.

How do you think all this would impact the economy of the region? How would

> that affect the African communities that are already struggling?

You clearly know little about this region's economy. Please do your
homework and save yourself from this self imposed burden of some perceived
savior. We see you Ekatarina, we really do.

If you have stopped for a moment to ask yourself these questions you would

> not feel as blind as you do.

If calling out co-chairs for ignoring the PDP process in their attempt to
force through a flawed transfer proposal is blind, then you are clearly
misguided to say the least.

> The apocalypse is already happening. Whether you choose to see it like

> this or not is irrelevant to millions of people who lost their lives and

> jobs because of covid. We cannot stop this from happening.

We also have Malaria. You have lost all your arguments now you are talking
apocalypse and covid.

> But we CAN make sure that the African communities will have enough

> resources to live through these tough times with minimal impact.

Are you promising us some IPv4 AID?

> And this, in my view, is precisely what this policy is seeking to

> accomplish.

The proponents of the policy proposal and the co-chairs alike should follow
the PDP and not come up with varge arguments and new versions of the
proposal during the last call contrary to the PDP in an attempt to force
it forward without addressing all pending objections.

Noah