[rpd] Transfer Policy Proposal v.3.docx

Mike Burns mike at iptrading.com
Fri Oct 9 17:38:23 UTC 2020

Hi Fernando,

Legacy blocks make up the bulk of supply for the IPv4 market.

The community has received tens of millions of addresses from legacy holders, and that’s to the community’s benefit.

This particular proposal will change nothing important, as I have repeatedly pointed out, the situation is the same at RIPE.

Inter-regional transfers happen, a few retain legacy status, and buyers get the addresses they need.

This proposal should not provide entry point for a long and ultimately un-solvable issue of legacy space in general, as much as that might seem desirable to some. The retention of legacy space is an immaterial matter in the scope of the need for this policy.

Once again I must warn you against ad hominem arguments; investigating the motives of list-participants is not relevant. Please leave out references to brokers and your perception of their motivations from future discussions.

Regards,

Mike