[rpd] End of Last call

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 14:50:50 UTC 2020

It seems that you are more interested in having this policy passed at
any cost than in putting consistent arguments in line with the PDP. I
prefer to discuss with arguments not with fans.

On 08/10/2020 11:14, Ibeanusi Elvis wrote:

> Dear Fernando,

> There is no confusion here, Section 3.5.1 of the CPM indeed said

> “disagrees with the actions taken by the Chair(s)”  and the actions

> bound to taken by the chairs is to make declarations on behalf of the

> Board and the community. Similarly, the decision of course can be

> appealed but according to the CPM there is a time period to submit the

> appeal (Check Section 3.5.2 of the CPM). Nonetheless, you have not

> answered my pervious questions. Here is another one, Why should the

> Chairs “have changed their decision?”. Remember, they made the

> decision on behalf of the Board and the AFRINIC Community. Thanks.

> ELVIS.

>> On Oct 8, 2020, at 23:03, Fernando Frediani <fhfrediani at gmail.com

>> <mailto:fhfrediani at gmail.com>> wrote:

>> Gaby please read the PDP correctly and do not confuse people.

>> The section 3.5.1 of the CPM says "disagrees with the actions taken

>> by the Chair(s)" not just with declarations made during the PPM. The

>> Chairs could have changed their decision meanwhile but unfortunately

>> they haven't done. They have just decided to keep it and it is "a

>> decision" which by the CPM bound to appeal.

>> Fernando

>> On 08/10/2020 10:49, Gaby Giner wrote:

>>> Dear community,

>>> I agree with Lucilla but only wish to add 1 point.

>>> I think everyone has overlooked one huge matter.

>>> It is true that by section 3.5(1) of the CPM “A person who disagrees

>>> with the actions taken by the Chair(s) shall discuss the matter with

>>> the PDWG Chair(s) or with the PDWG”.

>>> However, I wish to remind everyone that by section 3.5(2) of the

>>> CPM, “The appeal must be submitted within two weeks of the public

>>> knowledge of the decision”.

>>> Applying this into the current facts, the Chair has publicly

>>> announced its decision on 17th September 2020 through the online

>>> PPM, whereas, the disagreement/appeal is only made on 2nd October

>>> 2020 onward, which is factually beyond the 14 days period to appeal.

>>> Therefore, the disagreements/appeal made in this email

>>> thread/mailing list must be deemed invalid and be disregarded.

>>> Thanks,

>>> Gaby

>>> On Thu, Oct 8, 2020, 9:05 PM lucilla fornaro,

>>> <lucillafornarosawamoto at gmail.com

>>> <mailto:lucillafornarosawamoto at gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> Dear Sami, dear all,

>>> Most of the arguments supporting the policy were not mere

>>> "opinions".

>>> A quick reminder, the policy reached a rough consensus during

>>> the PPM and went to the last call for some editorial changes.

>>> The authors, Taiwo and Anthony, proved to be remarkably active

>>> to manage minor issues and solicitudes from the community. The

>>> resource transfer policy aims to build a stable and efficient

>>> resources management system for the Afrinic service region.

>>> The overall discussion has been full of controversies

>>> undermining the work of the co-chairs, an unfair behavior in my

>>> opinion.  Also, the arguments against the policy have been

>>> strongly taken apart.

>>> We have been debating this policy for weeks, it is now time to

>>> move it to the board for ratification.

>>> regards,

>>> Lucilla

>>> Il giorno gio 8 ott 2020 alle ore 21:09 Sami Ait Ali Oulahcen

>>> via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net <mailto:rpd at afrinic.net>> ha scritto:

>>> Hi,

>>> I can't see how the "Resource Transfer Policy" could have

>>> reached consensus.

>>> I think the co-chairs' prerogative is to declare consensus

>>> on policies,

>>> not general opinions. And "we need an inter-RIR transfer

>>> policy" is a

>>> general opinion, not a policy.

>>> The policy in question still had objections (non-editorial)

>>> before last

>>> call. And it received significant changes during the last

>>> call period

>>> (it is not what last call is meant for).

>>> Not that I have any interest in the policy itself being

>>> ratified or not.

>>> It shouldn't be done this way.

>>> Just my 2c.

>>> Regards,