[rpd] Transfer Policy

lucilla fornaro lucillafornarosawamoto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 08:41:49 UTC 2020

Dear Ekaterina, dear all,

like many of you have pointed out, no significant changes have been made,
and the authors proved to be extremely responsive to manage minor issues
and concerns from the community.
I think we can move on and pass it to the board for ratification.

regards,

Lucilla

Il giorno mer 7 ott 2020 alle ore 02:55 Ekaterina Kalugina <
kay.k.prof at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Dear Arnaud, dear all,

> Just like Daniel has pointed out, no significant changes are being made.

> The minor issues addressed by Taiwo and co all fall within the scope of the

> PDP.

> In this updated version, the minor concerns have been identified and

> clarified. So, now that the necessary edits have been made, we can end the

> last call and pass the policy to the board for ratification.

> Let us stop trying to undermine the authors, the chairs, and the community

> and follow the PDP in a way that would benefit the community instead of

> trying to reinterpret the CPM according to some personal agendas to

> undermine all the hard work done on this policy.

> Best,

> Ekaterina

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 7:35 PM Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Daniel,

>> This is matter of following the PDP and best practices. A document must

>> mature enough before going to last-call.

>> Any document in last-call which requires substantial changes has failed

>> and must go back for more discussions.

>> Last-Call is intended as a brief, final check to make sure that no

>> important concerns have been missed or misunderstood on *a particular

>> version* of a document.

>> The Last-Call should not serve as a more general, in-depth review.

>> When important concerns are identified and accepted, the last call must

>> end.

>> Please let us follow the pdp and stop playing around with principles and

>> best practices

>> Thanks

>> --

>> Arnaud

>> Le mar. 6 oct. 2020 à 12:43, Daniel Yakmut via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net> a

>> écrit :

>>> Hello All,

>>> I can generally perceive that, since some members of the community are

>>> not in agreement with the last call on the Transfer Policy authored by

>>> Taiwo and Co. attempts are being made to frustrate any genuine action by

>>> the authors to address the possible issues raised.

>>> I am wondering is it not possible that issues raised can be addressed at

>>> the Last Call. I thought except if the authors have not made any attempt at

>>> addressing the concerns of the community, More so, I am not seeing that

>>> significant changes, rather the authors have been very responsive and had

>>> shown a great deal of goodwill in ensuring that we have an Inter-RIR policy,

>>> Let us cut some slacks here and agree to take this policy to the desire

>>> point,

>>> Simply,

>>> Daniel

>>> On 06/10/2020 2:45 am, Fernando Frediani wrote:

>>> Hello Taiwo.

>>> I see your and Anthony's efforts to adjust the proposal in order to make

>>> it progress, however it doesn't seem even this last change make much

>>> difference regarding the main points still opened and being discussed and

>>> disputed by a couple of us.

>>> Plus this yet another change is another fact that shows the proposal is

>>> not yet mature and prepared to reach consensus. Last cal period was never

>>> meant for making significant changes.

>>> Therefore once again I urge the Co-Chairs to take this proposal out of

>>> the last call and bring it back to discussion so the remaining issues can

>>> be worked.

>>> It is understandable some people wish to have a Inter-RIR transfer

>>> policy, however all issue must be addressed first. If there is goodwill

>>> from most people here and another Virtual PPM soon this can achieved in a

>>> few months in time.

>>> Regards

>>> Fernando

>>> On 04/10/2020 17:57, Taiwo Oyewande wrote:

>>> Dear all,

>>> We appreciate the concerns and points raised by the community. We have heard the statements and we have made adjustments accordingly to the proposal per the community's feedbacks.

>>> Attached herewith is the newest and updated version of the proposal for the community's further discussion. We hope to have completely allayed the fears and concerns of the community with this version.

>>> However, based on regulations, this is still subject to the co-chair's approval to be used as the final version to pass the last call.

>>> Kind regards.

>>> Taiwo