[rpd] Decisions ... Abuse contact

Chloe Kung chloe.kung.public at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:48:34 UTC 2020

Dear Patrick,

I see your point and thank you very much. Before I respond to that, I just want to say it actually leads to my another reason for objecting this proposal for it doesn’t state what will be the consequences nor does it guarantee the abuse email will be checked on a routine basis. Then I think it will only become a meaningless policy.

If all Afrinic needs to do when it’s getting involved is to ask whether or not someone’s abuse contact responded, and should not be doing anything beyond that, then why would we even need this proposal ? The way I see it is that, I imagine abuse cases have existed and happened before, so if they really care, both the complainants and the complainees would already have a more effective way to do it. And for those who doesn’t really care, having this abuse contact set up mandatorily doesn’t not help.

Let’s say if now Afrinic is going to do just a little more than that, maybe giving a warning. Then I suppose they will at least have to look into the case ? And so under such circumstances Afrinic will need to have a clear/ defined concept to determine if the abuse case is valid and if further actions are needed ? Though I believe this is out of the scope of RIRs.

Best,
Chloe