[rpd] Decisions and summary on policy proposals discussed during the online Policy meeting (AFRINIC 32)

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 15:23:30 UTC 2020

Hello Abdulkarim

So you are taking in consideration something that one mentioned in a
single day opportunity over what has been discussed for months in the
list for for a much larger number of people who contributed to it ? You
are considering what has been discussed in the PPM as final and as
something that has to be adjusted in the proposal because of that single
day discussion ?

I am not saying by that that you should not consider or consider less
what has been discussed in the PPM, but *at minimum* this discussion
*must happen also in this RPD list* to find out if this is really a
consensus and clearly it doesn't seem to be as there are multiple people
who don't agree with it. Actually this is a *very controversial point*
that may cause more issues than the historical holding of unused
resources by the legacy holders may cause.

Even if you Co-Chairs consider it's good, your personal view can not be
a decision factor for that to be considered rough consensus.

If this point is automatically considered rough consensus in this way,
without proper discussion with others that did not have the opportunity
to participate on the PPM we will certainly appeal from this decision
which is dismissing many other people who may not agree and have plenty
of reasons for that.

Fernando