[rpd] Abuse Contact Policy

Saul Stein saul at enetworks.co.za
Mon Sep 21 06:50:30 UTC 2020

>The reason internet is called INTER-NET is because of its decentralized

>nature,

You are 100% correct. It is decentralised and there is no-one to tell anyone
what to do and how to behave.

HOWEVER, I shall decide what I shall tolerate on my network, so its not for
you to worry about the definition of abuse. If I want to engage a network
sending traffic that I don’t approve of, I want to contact them.

Most of us here run ISPs, others are end points. My clients’ expect to me
supply them with access to the full internet. As such should there be
networks out there that are preventing my clients from access those internet
resources through abuse of any kind, I have two choices:

1) Block that network – that affects everyone

2) Contact that network owner and engage with them about the issue that
I am experiencing. This doesn’t mean a fancy email box that only responds to
certain email, but a genuine mailbox with a human that you can engage with.

This is the great thing about the INTER-Net, we talk to each other and
resolve issues so that we don’t need policing and it can remain
decentralised.

So the choice is, let people know how to contact us if there is a problem,
or get your network blocked.

As I think you seeing here, those that run networks, are not understanding
your objection.

Do you operate a network?

Perhaps try explain in a different way.

Thanks