[rpd] Abuse Contact Policy

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Thu Sep 17 11:24:45 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am so surprised at this discussion. All the three points below.

In the ISPA Industry Representative Body - in order to be provided limited
liability by law - we have this as a requirement, that all abuse emails are
read by humans.

We respond to all legitimate abuse reports. Since we all wish to keep our
networks safe and secure.

We also compete because the ISPA runs a test on us. They send us abuse
emails randomly more than once a year, that have to be read and responded
to by a human.

I am similarly surprised at how fast the top 10 are. I think they all
respond in under a few minutes. The first guys are under 20 seconds I think.

It's become like a competition.

This seems like the opposite extreme.

Sincerely

Alan