[rpd] New Proposal Received | Simple PDP Update for the new “Normal” (Draft-1)

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:22:24 UTC 2020

On 16/09/2020 05:05, Beatrix Kispal wrote:

> <clip>

> Furthermore, constantly following the mailing list, reading every

> entry is extremely time consuming, it requires so much effort and

> resources therefore would strongly support to sticking to the old

> normal and keeping the Policy Development Process on its own

> designated day, when all present participants are present and fully

> dedicated.

If one doesn't have time to read all emails and discussions then that
person may not have time to participate and that's a personal choice.
When I decide to participate on any forum I put time aside to be able to
properly participate on whatever discussions I find important.
The process is opened and whoever wishes may participate. The most
important discussions happen on the email list, not on a one-day event.

A one day event may have the potential to be easily manipulated by
someone who have economic interest and be able to pay for people to be
in the meeting just for an very specific reason and never more appear in
the PDP.

Fernando