[rpd] Policy Proposal: PDP Working Group (WG) Guidelines and Procedures

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 01:17:08 UTC 2020

On 13/09/2020 00:44, Owen DeLong wrote:

> <clip>

> I am not sure where this sudden desire to avoid having an actual election is coming from, but my considered opinion is that a fair and impartial election is still the best mechanism to apply here. I would not oppose a transition from simple raised hands to ranked choice voting if you feel that would be beneficial, but I think that’s a lot of overhead for what has traditionally been relatively simple and I suggest that there really is nothing wrong with a show of hands.

I also don't understand where this hard avoidance of election comes
from. What's wrong with it ? It is simple, prevents fraud and minimizes
disputes bringing more impartiality to the process.
Let's try to be more practical and construct a solution that works for
the region's reality and to most people involved.
Fernando