[rpd] Policy Proposal: PDP Working Group (WG) Guidelines and Procedures

Arnaud AMELINA amelnaud at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:42:38 UTC 2020

Le dim. 30 août 2020 à 18:15, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net>
a écrit :

> Hi all,

> .

> Can someone point where in the RIPE PDP talks about “elections by

> consensus” **only** ? I live there, I’m a very active participant (in all

> the 5 RIRs actually), and I tried to find that, as I didn’t recall it, and

> was not able to.

Nobody says RIPE PDP talks about “elections by consensus” **only**. And not
interested in self praise.

There was a specific argument which made folks to point to “elections by
consensus” being used by some WGs in RIPE region.

The example of the Address Policy WG can be seen here:

https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe/wg/active-wg/ap/address-policy-wg-chair-selection-process

It reads:

“.........
The working group will select new chair(s) at the RIPE Address *Policy
Working Group* session. Those present at the session, either in person or
remotely, *will determine by consensus among themselves who takes the
available position(s)*. The remaining chair will determine whether
*consensus* has been reached. If the working group finds itself without a
chair the RIPE chair will determine *consensus*.

Working Group practices including the selection of Co-Chairs are in WG
operations’ guidelines and not in the PDP.

Thanks,

Arnaud