[rpd] Policy Compliance Dashboard - AFPUB-2020-GEN-001-DRAFT01

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 21:27:53 UTC 2020

Hi RPD-ers,

Hope y'all are well & safe in your remote place !

That's my prayer.

> Dear Jordi,

>[...]

> Why not give this power to the staff or board itself?

Dear Gaby,
Thanks for this question.

...maybe because operational's part of these entire Policy things are
already in the hands of the Staff?

What we should not allow is to experience again something similar
to those described here [1] :'-(

> [...]

> creating another entire set of policies for this might be problematic down

> the line because it may clash with the original guidelines or other related

> documents. Instead of having ONE governing system where AFRINIC’s board and

> staff are monitoring violations, we would have two different

> policies/procedures that could be conflicting and honestly confusing.

I have understood that the actual PDP (Policy Development Process)
makes it possible to avoid this scenario. See CPM (Consolidated Policy
Manual) section 3.4.1 [2]:

~•~
«[...]
The Working Group Chair(s) may request AFRINIC to provide an analysis
(technical, financial, legal or other), of the impact of the draft policy
proposal.
[...]»
~•~

...but, fortunately, there is already a DPP [3] (Draft Policy Proposal)
which aims to improve the priority on the task of provisioning IAR|s
(Impact Analysis Reports); where every versions of any DPP would
have its IAR to efficiently address all possible issue as such above
described...

Maybe something might look OoT :-/
Be cool! let me know ;-)

Thanks.