[rpd] The other ongoing AFRINIC/RPD discussion

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Aug 16 17:58:58 UTC 2020

My apologies to all list members for that last posting of mine. Very
sorry! I had the intent to send that as a PRIVATE message *only* to
Jordi, and *only* OFF-LIST.

I made the mistake of trying to cut and paste what I thought was
Jordi's *personal* email address out of a prior list message.
Unfortunately, I did not look at the whole thing and it turned out to be:

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net>

Oops!!!

That having been said, I am happy to be enlightened by anyone on the
questions I raised. I do apologize to all list members that I have
not been following the list over the past many months, and thus I am
lacking in current context. My only excuse is that... as many of
you may be aware... there has been a lot of other things going on
in the United States since February, including but not limited to
(a) the rampant and largely unchecked spread of the Coronavirus and
also (b) our president's various ill-intentioned machinations which
seem to have as their goal his installment as President For Life.
(While the latter is certainly not at all novel in an African context,
it is certainly unprecedented in the context of the entire 244 year
history of the United States.)

I particularly must apologize to Mr. "Benjamin Investor". I meant no
disreapect. I am sure that your participation here is underpinned by
only the best of motives, and I look forward to reading the short
summary version of your biographical sketch.

To the rest of the community, I shall not at this time apologize for my
us of the rather inflammatory term "rampant skulduggery", as I believe
that to be warranted, given all I know, which is considerably more than
what has so far appeared in the press -- that being bad enough on its own.
But this is not yet the time, and this list is certainly not the appropriate
place for me to present such other information as I have, so for now I must
just ask for the community's forbearance while I get all my ducks in a row.

Regards,
rfg