[rpd] The other ongoing AFRINIC/RPD discussion

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Aug 16 17:21:58 UTC 2020

Jordi,

I have been entirely out of touch with happenings in the AFRINC region
for some 6 months now, so I don't understand anything about what
else might be going on on the RPD list lately, but it seems to be
some debate about who gets to participate in voting.

Is that correct?

And it seems that perhaps some new peropsed rules have been floated,
perhaps by the Board, to try to verify that random people with no
real connection to AFRINIC activities are sometimes being brought in
to participate in voting (?)

Is that correct?

I am just hoping that you can give me some context, so that I can
understand what is going on without me having to dredg thru the
last N months worth of list postings.

In particular, can you give me the full context of this comment you
made, on list, just today?

"So just to clarify, that it was not me who discovered that person"

What person?

And who is this seemingly mysterious person using this identification?

"Benjamin Investor" <investor0189 at gmail.com>

I cannot help but be suspicious, and wonder if this is one of the several
fellows that I have previously linked to rampant skulduggery in AFRINIC.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide for my understanding.

Regards,
rfg